- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Full time, fixed term 12-month contract
- Hybrid working arrangements! Work from the comfort of your own home and one of our Dementia Australia offices in the following locations: Milton, QLD; Glenside, SA; Griffith, ACT; East Perth, WA ; Parkville, VIC (Other locations may be considered upon request)
About the organisation
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education, support services and programs for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
about the role
The Media and Communications Advisor, Corporate Communications will work collaboratively across the National Communications team and assist in the delivery of Dementia Australia’s strategic and business objectives to position the organisation as the leading dementia expert in Australia, a trusted partner and the voice of consumers.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Media and Communications – Corporate Communications, you will work in a team responsible for:
- Developing and delivering strategic communications and stakeholder engagement activity supporting teams across the organisation.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of timely, proactive, reactive and strategic media and public relations activities and advice to further position Dementia Australia as a peak body organisation.
- Applying your critical thinking, creativity, advisory and writing skills to all forms of communications activity such as speeches, presentations, letters, awards and abstract submissions, annual reports, opinion editorials, media releases, media, event and meeting briefings.
- Building strong working relationships across the organisation to ensure the Communications team is truly integrated and focused on achieving the organisational goals and support the overall strategic plan and vision.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent communications and media relations knowhow, be a true team player and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A minimum of two to three years proven experience and demonstrated success in a media or communications role
- A proven ability to build productive relationships both throughout the organisation and with external contacts
- Proficient ability in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, with the ability to drive organisation-wide initiatives that support the organisation’s Purpose and Values and the capacity to plan and prioritise at the strategic level
- The ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders internally and externally.
- A qualification in Marketing, Communications or a related business field at a tertiary level and related industry experience
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.