- Attractive salary packaging options available
- Full time, fixed term 12-month contract
- Hybrid working arrangements! Work from the comfort of your own home and one of our Dementia Australia offices in the following locations: Milton, QLD; Glenside, SA; Griffith, ACT; East Perth, WA
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, accountable for our actions and support the innovations, reshaping the way we do things
The Media and Communications Advisor (Public Engagement) will work collaboratively across the National Communications team and assist in the delivery of Dementia Australia’s strategic and business objectives to position the organisation as the leading dementia expert in Australia, a trusted partner and the voice of consumers.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Media and Communications – Public Engagement, you will also be responsible for:
- Providing media and communications advice and support to the National Communications team and, when directed, to senior employees across the organisation
- Contributing to the development and delivery of timely, proactive, reactive and strategic media and public relations activities and advice to further position Dementia Australia as a peak body organisation
- On a regular basis, monitoring media (social and traditional), including fulfilling regular reporting requirements
- Ensuring the Media and Communications Department is truly integrated across the organisation, focusing on achieving the organisational goals and support the overall strategic plan and vision.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent communication and presentation skills, be a true team player and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A minimum of two to three years proven experience and demonstrated success in a media or communications role
- A proven ability to build productive relationships both throughout the organisation and with external contacts
- Proficient ability in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, with the ability to drive organisation-wide initiatives that support the organisation’s Purpose and Values and the capacity to plan and prioritise at the strategic level
- A qualification in Marketing, Communications or a related business field at a tertiary level and related industry experience