- Full time, fixed term contract opportunity until June 2023
- Hybrid working environment – Work from the comfort of your home and the office!
- Attractive salary packaging options available
Dementia Australia is the national peak body and source of trusted information, education and services for the estimated half a million Australians living with dementia, and the almost 1.6 million people involved in their care. We advocate for positive change and support vital research. We are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
- We connect by promoting a people centred way of working and respecting all
- We collaborate in a supportive manner with each other, other teams, clients and external parties
- We commit to our purpose and direction, are accountable for our actions and support innovation, reshaping the way we do things
Located at our North Ryde, NSW office, we are seeking a motivated and passionate professional to join our national Volunteering team to act as the first point of contact for volunteers in NSW and ACT interested in volunteering opportunities including program requirements and events including our largest national Fundraising event, the Memory Walk & Jog. This role will ensure a positive volunteer journey through recruitment, role allocation, resolving queries and providing ongoing support.
Reporting directly to the National Volunteer Manager you will be responsible for:
- Recruiting volunteers including advertising, screening, inducting and orientating for both events and program support
- Preparing in advance and attending the Memory Walk and Jog events in NSW and ACT to assist and manage event volunteers
- Assisting with ongoing engagement and retention of our volunteer base, including ensuring all volunteers are appropriately recognised
- Working collaboratively with the national Volunteering team with a focus on continuous improvement
To be successful in the position, you will be a team player, show an absolute commitment to the delivery of high-quality services and meet the key selection criteria outlined below.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in recruiting and management of volunteers.
- Demonstrated high level of administration and organisational skills with the ability to manage time and prioritise work.
- Administration experience, particularly with databases, compliance, policies and procedures
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals, both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and respecting confidentiality when managing volunteer information environment
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Relevant tertiary qualification skills and/or experience in working with volunteer programs in the community sector or related field
If you thrive on activity and are looking for the next challenge as part of a dynamic team, we would like to hear from you. In return you will be offered a flexible and supportive environment as well as a number of attractive staff benefits. You will be making a difference in the lives of people living with dementia, their families and friends.