- Reporting to: QLD State Manager
- 1 year contract with potential to move to Permanent position.
- 3 – 5 days per week depending on circumstances
- Part-time position - 22.5 hours per week over 3 days.
- Happy to discuss with the successful candidate the days worked and number of weeks of annual leave (between 6 and 12 weeks), depending on your circumstances.
- Location: 320 Adelaide St, Brisbane
The Australian Business and Community Network (ABCN) is a not-for-profit organisation that partners education with business through the development and delivery of mentoring programs for students from high-needs schools. Entirely business-funded, ABCN is made up of over 40 member companies that represent a breadth of industries and include well-recognised, national and global organisations.
Our programs, enabling structured engagement between students and corporate mentors, aim to inspire students from low socio-economic areas to reach their potential in the future world of work.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
In QLD ABCN deliver over 100 programs a year. The program management team is responsible for corporate member account management, school engagement, and program scheduling and delivery. The program manager role offers a 50/50 combination of program management and program facilitation.
- Manage the planning, implementation, tracking, monitoring and evaluation of ABCN programs.
- Facilitate ABCN programs and / or work with contract facilitators for delivery of scheduled programs.
- Build effective relationships with member companies, member schools, contract facilitators and other partners.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Follow national guides and templates for consistency / quality and ensuring CRM information is up to date.
- Deliver mentor recruitment talks as needed.
- Provide guidance and coaching to member company and school champions on their role and responsibility.
- Provide data and feedback for inclusion in reports and articles relating to ABCN programs for both internal and external publication.
- Adhere to compliance and risk guidelines / data capture.
- Support manager and peers as required.
Tertiary qualifications in social sciences, communications, education or a related field is desirable. Project management and/or facilitation training is also highly regarded.
Successful applicant must hold/obtain a current valid Paid Working With Children Check (Blue Card).
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Project / Event management experience
- Can create and deliver against a project plan to ensure all mentor programs proceed on time and are of a high quality.
- Facilitation Experience
- Exceptional communication skills, and can facilitate engaging, interactive and impactful workshops.
- Relationship Management experience
- Has engaged with corporate partners in a business setting previously and managed customer concerns / issues promptly and with grace; has exposure to working with schools and / or NFP entities.
- Collaboration / team-based experience
- Enjoys working in a small team environment with a strong desire to help colleagues and share the workload.
- Strong IT skills
- There is a significant amount of project management and reporting requiring proficiency using the Microsoft suite (word, power point, excel) and ABCN’s CRM (Microsoft Dynamics 365). Additionally facilitation of programs includes both face-to-face and digital delivery via video conferencing platforms (MS Teams and Zoom).
- Self-directed & Flexible:
- Able to work autonomously, quick to learn, takes initiatives, and is skilled in dealing with program variables outside their control e.g. late mentors or students; room or venue changes, etc.
This role will suit someone who is systematic, efficient and highly attentive to detail, ensuring accurate and timely record keeping and effective project management. The person also needs to enjoy relationship management and facilitation, also the capacity to focus on and respond to customer needs, as well as facilitate an engaging and impactful program with up to 30 mentors and students is equally important.
We’re a small office so taking initiative and having a real desire to be of help and work as a member of a team is critical.
As a NFP, employees can access salary packaging available only to charities and NFP organisations, designed to reduce taxable income.
Should you require any additional information you can contact Greg George on 0427 219 476.