About the business
Ablecare is an NDIS provider offering support services to people with standard and complex disabilities and support needs. We offer our employees job flexibility and work in a variety of settings and for a broad range of support needs.
About the role
We are seeking professional casual support workers with the skills and experience to support participants with high challenging behaviours across multiple sites located in various North and South Brisbane Regions for immediate start.
We are looking for people who have skills in one or all of the following areas of expertise:
- High Medical Support -
- Enteral Feeding-Peg Feeding
- Hoists, Pressure Care
- Personal Care and Continence Support
- Catheter care
- Behaviour Support and Restrictive Practices
- Mental Health Support
Minimum Requirements for the roles include but are not limited to:
- The ability to adapt to the changing needs of our participants
- The ability to engage participants in activities of daily living within the home environment
- The ability to support participants with minimal client or site induction provided due to on call and casual nature of shifts
- Meal Preparation
- Domestic Assistance
- Community Access and Transport assistance
- Personal care and in home support
Mandatory Skills and experience:
Skills required for this position are:
- Must have experience supporting clients with high challenging behaviours.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 12 months experience as a Disability Support Worker
- Cooking and meal planning skills
- Domestic skills
- Skills and experience working with a range of high intensity support needs.
- Knowledge and skills with daily case notes; incident reporting and care plans.
You will also be required to have:
- Blue Card and Yellow Card Clearances (Qld)
- National Police Clearance
- Current Queensland Drivers Licence and Vehicle (comprehensive insurance)
- Own mobile phone
- Experience and availability to work night shifts and sleepovers
- Minimum Certificate 3 qualification within the Community Services, disability or Nursing Scope
- Restrictive practice and positive behaviour support training highly regarded
- NDIS Worker Module - www.ndiscommission.gov.au/trainingcourse