- Part time fixed-term contract until 30th June 2022 based in Logan, QLD; working 22.8 hours per week
- Use your creativity and make this role successful, ample opportunities to grow and develop
- Opportunity to work with an innovative team developing and delivering group programs, highly experienced team that collaborates & supports
- Fantastic work culture and environment and flexible working arrangements to support real life balance
About Access Community Services Ltd.
Access Community Services Limited is one of Australia's leaders in multicultural issues, with over 30 years of experience in the provision of settlement, employment, training, youth support services, housing and social enterprise opportunities for migrants, refugees and Australian born clients. Services are delivered right across Queensland with a particular focus on the South East, including Logan City, Ipswich City and the Gold Coast.
Access is a community based, not -for-profit organisation committed to community development and capacity building.
About the Role
- Deliver group workshops and programs to culturally and linguistically diverse people across all ages, genders and different abilities;
- Deliver programs which empower young people in their educational and career pathways;
- Enable education and understanding across key settlement outcomes through program delivery;
- Maintaining productive and effective relationships with key stakeholders and partners;
- Developing new, innovative and creative programs in order to meet contractual and organisational strategic vision.
- Oversee the delivery and organisation of programs targeted at CALD Young People, often in collaboration with High schools across Logan and Ipswich area;
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. schools, government and private institutions);
- Developing and facilitating innovative and creative programs related to CALD clients achieving settlement outcomes and other outcomes dependent on the program purpose;
- Independently overseeing daily tasks related to the ongoing programs of the Social Services division;
- Promoting youth programs through various social media platforms;
- Engaging with and developing other youth programs as required.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Services, Social Work or relevant discipline and/or minimum two years' experience in the sector;
- Desirable to have TAE qualification;
- Highly developed written and computer skills across a range of applications, including database applications and communication technologies;
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to be able to manage several programs at one time;
- Previous experience with working with young people and people from a multicultural backgrounds;
- Ability to develop rapport with a range of clients through programs that are delivered, in particular CALD Young People;
- Ability to demonstrate innovation and creativity in program delivery;
- Current paid Blue Card (working with children check);
- Current Driver's License;
- Current Criminal History Check;
- Rights to work in Australia.
About Our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,886 of your salary tax-free plus up to $2650 of packaged Meals and Entertainment meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement, including 9-day fortnight.
- Paid wellness days.
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Access to our in-house well-being programs.
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities;
About our Recruitment Process
At Access Community Services Ltd. we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
We encourage candidates to provide a cover letter along with your resume, by submitting online. Should you be successful for the first round of shortlist, our Talent Acquisition Specialist will guide you through our process and next steps.
Access will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace. If you require a reasonable adjustment, or want to update your preferred method of communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gauri Patankar, Recruitment Officer on 07 3412 8222.
Access Community Services Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.