ACON is Australia’s largest health organisation specialising in community health, inclusion, and HIV responses for people of diverse sexualities and genders.
- One-year initial contract
- Help build LGBTQ inclusion in Australian workplaces.
- Join a diverse and passionate national team who work hard to drive workplace inclusion.
Pride in Diversity is the national not-for-profit employer support program for LGBTQ workplace inclusion specialising in HR, organisational change and workplace diversity. Pride in Diversity publishes the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI), Australia’s national benchmarking instrument for LGBTQ workplace inclusion.
Pride in Diversity has, since its launch in 2010, been providing advice, guidance and expertise to Australian organisations of all sizes, within all sectors, states and territories. Our mission is to support our member organisations in their pursuit of best practice LGBTQ inclusion and the attraction and retention of talent through the adoption of progressive inclusive policy, practice and behaviours.
Pride in Diversity is offering an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual who has a passion for workplace LGBTQ inclusion.
You will become a trusted adviser to a range of employers, some of whom are Australia’s largest and best known, across all sectors.
The Role’s Responsibilities:
- To provide proactive advice, guidance and support to the assigned membership portfolio, including but not limited to membership strategy development, policy and practice reviews, enablement and training, advice and guidance on analysis of member and sector survey data, as well as providing advice and guidance to members completing the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI).
- Proactively seek new membership opportunities, promoting the Pride in Diversity Program at every opportunity, seeking assistance as required to grow membership
- To contribute to a strategic initiative or key divisional piece of work showcasing best possible strategic design, professional execution and collaboration with both subject matter experts and fellow colleagues; participating in governance meetings and providing progress updates and reports as required
- Develop skills in the role of trusted advisor; build a strong strategic mindset; develop a consultative engagement mode of working with members alongside the ability to engage effectively with executive at all levels
- Adhere to all internal operational policies and processes with efficiency; including but not limited to the maintenance of accurate and detailed member contact details and critical commentary in Salesforce, timely provision of all quotes and associated travel requests; awareness of membership expiry dates and active engagement to ensure timely renewal, on-time provision of all required reporting.
- Role modelling workplace values and respectful behaviours including respectful, effective and positive team collaboration, communication, engagement, and support in divisional events, team meetings, discussions and L&D activity
What you will need to apply
- Proven experience in and/or understanding of LGBTQ workplace inclusion initiatives.
- Proven experience in or solid understanding of strategy development; in particular the alignment of activity and plans to strategic D&I goals.
- Significant experience in a Relationship Manager role or similar, providing support to a diverse range of clients with a strong customer service focus.
- Proven track record of effective training delivery within a corporate or government setting.
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to diplomatically and effectively liaise with a diverse group of people at varying levels of seniority.
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment where jobs may overlap and team collaboration and engagement is essential.
- Professional representation of the company and members you represent at all Pride in Diversity events, include celebratory and social.
This position is based in Melbourne.
A competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience will be discussed, with the option to salary package a portion of your salary (up to $30,000 gross-up value) tax-free
This full-time position is 38 hours per week. The role will require working flexibly including some evenings and occasional weekends.
For more information about the role, please contact Chis Nelson at email@example.com using the subject line: Pride in Diversity Relationship Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
ACON is an EEO employer. As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, people with HIV, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.