Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We are seeking an In Home Support Worker to join our Intensive Family Support (IFS) team to deliver social learning, community connectedness and good health and wellbeing to families.
Based in Roma, this position is part-time (0.8FTE), fixed-term until 31 December 2022. Extension of employment contract beyond December 2022 is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
- Maintain a regular case load of client families
- Working with other professionals and agencies utilising an ecological model.
- Facilitate school work and positive relationships between parents and schools.
- Assist families to develop practical home-making and child-rearing skills
- Regularly attend and participate in case reviews.
- Working collaboratively with other professionals and agencies to ensure families goals are achieved.
- A Certificate III in Community Services or similar vocational qualification is desirable
- Extensive experience maintaining a successful family household, including budgeting, hygiene and cleanliness, safety, nutrition, cooking and shopping.
- Provide non-judgmental and respectful coaching for families in learning practical skills.
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to work with families from different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- The ability to develop an understanding of current child protection legislation and policy reforms.
Important essential information about this “Identified” role...
To perform this role it is essential that the person who holds the position:
- Will be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person. Act for Kids considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under s 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (Qld).
- Will have the willingness of a respected Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural referee to vouch for your appropriateness for this role is a requirement.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 3.1 - 3.4 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $64,308 - $68,963 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- Excellent family friendly work environment.
Blue Card Requirement
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
Click on ‘Apply for this job’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Sharyn Fowler on 0458 018 100 or Sharyn.Fowler@actforkids.com.au, using the subject line: In Home Support Worker (Identified) - Roma enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.