Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We are seeking a Practice Supervisor – Specialist Domestic and Family Violence to join our Intensive Family Support (IFS) team based in Cairns.
This position is full-time, fixed term to 30 September 2026. Extension of employment contract beyond September 2026 is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
- Lead a dedicated team of Family Practitioners, Therapy Practitioners and Specialist Domestic and Family Violence Practitioners within the Intensive Family Support (IFS) program.
- Manage a small caseload by engaging families, obtaining consent and developing a case plan in collaboration with the family which addresses identified needs and child protection concerns (with a focus on domestic and family violence concerns).
- Be an active consultant in the area of domestic and family violence, including assessing client needs and decisions regarding intensive support, case management and referral pathways.
- Maximise the domestic and family violence capability of the Intensive Family Support (IFS) service in partnership with local domestic and family violence services and other stakeholders utilising an ecological model.
- Ensure team members maintain report records and data in accordance with organisational expectations and assist the Program Coordinator to ensure service agreement hour and client number targets are met.
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (allied health, social work, human services).
- At least 5 years working in a domestic and family violence capacity with a case management focus.
- An understanding of contemporary issues and challenges in the field of child protection and approaches to enhancing child safety and wellbeing.
- Experience and knowledge of domestic and family violence issues including theory, dynamics and the impact on individuals, families and communities.
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to communicate and work effectively work families from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 – 6.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $92,704 - $96,805 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees);
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance;
- Strong values based organisation;
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities);
- Paid parental leave and study assistance;
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal;
- Excellent family-friendly and flexible work environment.
Blue Card Requirement...
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
Click on ‘Apply now’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Brett Bordujenko on 0458 794 444 or Brett.Bordujenko@actforkids.com.au using the subject line: Practice Supervisor - Specialist Domestic and Family Violence - Cairns enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.