Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and early learning centres designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We’re seeking a dedicated and experienced Program Coordinator to join our Intensive Family Support (IFS) team based in Cairns. Reporting to the Program Manager, this position lead a dedicated team to deliver high quality therapy programs to children, young people and their families.
This position is full-time, fixed term until 3 September 2023. Extension of employment contract beyond September 2023 is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
- Provide practice leadership to all members of the Intensive Family Support (IFS) team.
- Facilitate case review meetings, ensuring discussions link to contemporary theories and practice
- Facilitate the intake, assessment and allocation of referrals, ensuring all cases meet eligibility criteria.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate holistic and collaborative supports to young people and their families.
- Support the Program Manager to monitor program performance and implement continuous quality improvement practices.
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports in compliance with service agreement and Act for Kids’ requirements.
- Keep timely and up-to-date internal and external data records and databases.
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (allied health, social work, human services).
- Proven service coordination experience including oversight of best practice quality and performance standards
- Strong level of experience providing professional supervision to team members with a range of professional backgrounds and experience.
- Proven experience providing leadership skills including supervision, mediation, and conflict resolution and planning.
- Extensive understanding of the current trends, practices, policies and legislation in relation to child protection.
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to work with families from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 7.1 – 7.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $97,816-$101,903 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees);
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance;
- Strong values based organisation;
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities);
- Paid parental leave and study assistance;
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal;
- Excellent family-friendly and flexible work environment.
Blue Card Requirement...
From 31 August 2020, you are required to have a current blue card to commence employment at Act for Kids in Queensland. Please visit Queensland Blue cards for more information.
Click on ‘Apply now’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Tamara Stafford on 0400 794 444 or Tamara.Stafford@actforkids.com.au using the subject line: Program Coordinator (Intensive Family Support) - Cairns enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.