Act for Kids is a for-purpose organisation that delivers evidence-based professional therapy and support services to children and families, who have experienced or are at risk of harm. Established in 1988, we have helped over 170,000 children, young people and families at our 30 centres across Australia.
Through prevention, treatment, research, education and advocacy, we are committed to helping keep kids safe, heal from trauma and lead happy lives.
About the job
We’re looking for a dedicated Psychologist to join our Integrated Therapy Services team based in Marden.
This role is a full-time 12 month parental leave backfill with the possibility of extension.
Our Adelaide Integrated Therapy Service (ITS) is one of our unique multidisciplinary teams, providing integrated therapy for children from 0-17 years of age with developmental and complex trauma. With a strong focus on trauma informed practice, our integrated teams work closely together as well as with local community support services to best support children and their families.
- Providing an outstanding therapeutic service to children, young people and their families in the Marden area.
- Maintain a client case load as negotiated with the Practice Manager.
- Provide trauma-informed psychological assessments and interventions as part of an integrated team.
- Identify and work toward client goals, and achieve successful case outcomes for clients.
- Encouraging and strengthening supportive relationships with adult caregivers.
- Enhancing therapeutic and psychosocial outcomes for children and young people impacted by trauma.
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology.
- At least two years’ experience working with children, young people and their families who have been impacted by trauma or experienced abuse and neglect, or at least two years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Clinical and therapeutic understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning.
- Knowledge of current trauma treatment trends and child protection legislation and policy reforms.
- A high level of cultural awareness and experience working with families from different cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Eligibility for a positive Working with Children Check in the applicable state of employment in Australia or exemption based on professional qualifications and registration.
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 – 6.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $92,704 - $96,805 plus 10% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time);
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefitS
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- A friendly and flexible work environment to support work/life balance
Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Jenny Suter on 0427 747 134 or email@example.com using the subject line: Psychologist enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please find a complete Position Description attached below.
Act for Kids require all team members to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated or have an approved medical exemption.
Employees covered by a state Public Health Direction must be fully vaccinated by the state relevant date ie. VIC 15 Nov 2021; NSW 30 Nov 2021; SA 8 Dec 2021, QLD 15 Dec 2021. Act for Kids requires all other employees to be fully vaccinated with the prescribed doses of an approved vaccine against COVID-19 by 31 January 2022 or have an approved medical exemption.