Diabetes NSW & ACT is dedicated to helping people living with or at risk of diabetes, their families, friends and carers. Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our community and we provide programs, services and information to help everyone affected by diabetes to live their best lives.
We are Australia’s largest member-based charity for people living with or at risk of diabetes. We have been supporting people with diabetes, their families, carers and friends, for 80 years.
We have a rare opportunity for a Fundraising Assistant to join our fundraising team. This role will be responsible for reporting, data handling and providing administrative support to the fundraising team. This is a fantastic opening for an emerging fundraiser who’s keen to learn and develop within a growing health organisation. You will be involved in exciting and creative campaigns within appeals, regular giving and community fundraising, such as real and virtual events.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitoring and managing the fundraising email inbox
- General administration tasks such as scheduling meetings, preparing documents for signature, electronic filing, keeping records
- Regular and ad hoc reporting of fundraising results
- Data handling, including downloads, uploads and data manipulation
- Checking data and proof-reading documents
- Support processes and campaigns in direct marketing and regular giving such as providing feedback, reviewing briefs and communicating with suppliers
- Speaking to donors on the phone and occasionally face to face
- Providing excellent donor care
- Respond to community fundraising enquiries
- With the Direct Marketing & Regular Giving Manager, develop and coordinate community fundraising promotion campaigns
To learn more about the role please see our website - www.diabetesnsw.com.au for a copy of the Position Description and Key Selection Criteria.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will possess some customer service experience, have excellent administrative skills, and thrive in a varied, fast-paced role, within a small, enthusiastic and supportive team.
Key Selection Criteria
- Administration experience
- Customer or donor service experience and a donor service mindset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience using a CRM
- Excellent time management skills
- A willingness and desire to learn about fundraising
- Fundraising experience
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Experience in working with agencies such as copywriters and mail houses
- Telemarketing experience
- Experience in events
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive salary and salary packaging
- The opportunity to be a part of a passionate and dynamic team
- Best-in-class leave benefits including a day off for your birthday, study leave, paid parental leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- Annual professional development funds
- Central location, close to transport networks
- Flexible working environment – hybrid office/home work options
- A thriving social club, with trivia and comedy nights and mini golf excursions among many others!
- Employee discounts on a range of products and services
To apply please send your resume, together with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by clicking Apply Now below.