- Maternity Leave position - Fixed Term Contract
The role of the Disability Support Senior Case Manager is to manage ADEC’s Disability Support program delivering services to NDIS participants, their carers and families. The Disability Support program supports and maintains the care recipient’s ability to achieve the goals contained in their care plans and service agreements.
- Conduct service planning (including care plans and service agreements) and initial and ongoing assessment of NDIS participants, ensuring that appropriate referral pathways are provided.
- Monitor a caseload of NDIS participants who receive services under the Disability Support program.
- Gather feedback from NDIS participants regarding Disability Support services provided.
- Assist support workers to deliver services to NDIS participants, their carers and families.
- Provide on-call phone support to support workers outside normal office hours as required.
- Liaise and consult as required with other ADEC programs, partners, funding bodies and government departments.
- Ensure the program meets external and internal audit requirements of the funding bodies and the agency.
- Contribute to appraisals and performance reviews for Disability Support staff as required under ADEC procedures.
- Assist in planning and coordinating events specifically related to the Disability Support program.
- Maintain data collection systems as required by funding authorities and submit data and information reports as required.
- Train and orientate new Disability Support Case Managers to prepare them for their role.
- Supervise Disability Support Case Managers within the program.
- Contribute to recruitment of new Support Workers.
- Promote the program to NDIS service providers and potential participants.
- Other tasks and duties as directed by the Client Services Manager or the NDIS Support Unit Coordinator.
- Screen and manage referrals to the Disability Support program.
- Establish contact and rapport with Disability Support program NDIS participants, their carers and families, during the planning stages of their support.
- Maintain contact and rapport with Disability Support program NDIS participants, their carers and families.
- Assist in advertising and marketing the NDIS Disability Support Program in order to engage new clients.
- Regularly review programs of activities to ensure that they meet the expressed needs of recipients.
- Prepare reports as required on the program’s progress and development.
- Participate as required in relevant local and regional networks.
- Maintain links to other service providers, government departments and Local Area Coordination agencies.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
The Disability Support Senior Case Manager’s performance will be measured against the following criteria:
- The standard of participants planning and support records.
- Satisfaction of participants (or carers) with support and service planning, as gauged by participant (or carer) feedback.
- Meeting allocated targets.
- Accurate and timely maintenance of recipients’ records in accordance with ADEC procedures.
- Conformance with ADEC policies, procedures and audit requirements.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Knowledge of the NDIS programs.
- Previous experience in a comparable position involving case management.
- Previous experience of NDIS package administration including service agreements.
- Demonstrate a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Hold a valid and current licence to drive a motor vehicle, issued by the appropriate authority in the jurisdiction in which the holder will drive, and appropriate to the type of vehicle to be driven.
- Formal qualifications in social work, community development, community services or related areas.
- Previous experience of working with carers from ethnic communities.
- Previous experience of working with people with disability.
- Experience of budget preparation and expenditure tracking.
- Knowledge of the Commonwealth Home Support program.
Information regarding this position:
This a Maternity Leave position - Fixed Term Contract
AWARD AND CLASSIFICATION:
All ADEC employees are employed under the terms, conditions and entitlements of the Modern Award – Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (the Award); and the National Employment Standards (NES) The classification for this position is Level 3.
What you’ll get in return:
As the successful candidate, you’ll be offered the opportunity to work within an ethical organisation where you can make a positive impact to the community.
You’ll also receive:
- Salary packaging options
- Great team environment
- Chance to make a difference
What you need to do now:
Please submit your application by pressing ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter.
ADEC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and strongly support the principles of equal opportunity in the workplace. Persons with disability and people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this position.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
A position description is attached.