- Full Time or Part Time (minimum 0.8FTE) – 12 month fixed term
Adelaide PHN is seeking an experienced Digital Health Lead to support our team of Digital Health Officers and Practice Support Team to implement the Australian Digital Health Agency Workplan 21/22 within our Adelaide PHN region. This newly created role will work within our Strategy and Engagement portfolio and is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, innovative, creative and passionate professional to support the digital capabilities of our Primary Health Care Providers. This role is for a 12 month fixed term.
Adelaide Primary Health Network (Adelaide PHN) is an independent, not for profit, primary health care organisation based in Adelaide.
We aim to improve the health and wellbeing of the Adelaide community by coordinating and integrating health and community services and by working in partnership to identify local needs and create strategies in response to keep people well and out of hospital; improving their experience AND their health outcomes – to deliver on our vision of A Healthier Adelaide by 2030.
The Digital Health Lead is responsible for coordinating and implementing the Adelaide PHN response to the Australian Digital Health Agency Workplan 21/22 including, but not limited to:
- Supporting the co-design, implementation and evaluation of a range of digital health initiatives to meet the organisation's strategic and operational objectives and national and local performance indicators;
- Engaging with healthcare provider organisations, including General Practitioners, Specialists and Allied health organisations to drive awareness and adoption of digital health systems;
- Increasing digital health literacy by providing support and training to internal and external stakeholders in relation to:
- My Health record templates and referral form creation, data extraction tools and their use;
- Other Digital Health software and projects, such as Telehealth;
- Supporting Secure Messaging implementation.
- Development and dissemination of resources that support Primary Health Care to understand and utilise digital health;
- Coordinating the mapping, registration, training and connection of Community Health Organisations and Specialists;
- Overseeing collection of data to assist with monitoring digital health program uptake and evaluation;
- Managing barriers to digital health program implementation and contribute to the development of enablers to facilitate successful implementation;
- Participate in collaborative project teams with internal and external stakeholders as required;
- Preparing and providing reports as required.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Demonstrated experience or tertiary/formal qualification in digital health technology, health related fields, clinical software systems or information technology fields;
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, ideally with previous experience in health;
- Ability to deliver training to a broad range of health professionals both in a face-to-face and digital training environment;
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- An understanding of change management principles and or demonstrated ability to influence change;
- Knowledge of Data Extraction tools or understanding of how data extraction tools work;
- A positive customer service attitude with a sound knowledge of confidentiality issues and sensitivity of information;
- Ability to set and meet project goals, deliverables and objectives, in particular within a tight timeframe and with an appropriate level of attention to detail;
- Understanding of Primary Health Care;
- Commitment, adaptability and ability to persevere in challenging environments;
- An enthusiastic personality with a proactive and creative mindset.
Bonus points if you have:
- Demonstrated understanding of national digital health strategies and the ability localise;
- Formal qualifications in health informatics, eHealth, digital health technology or project management; or demonstrated experience within these fields;
- Understand Project Management Quality and Risk Management Principles;
- Knowledge and understanding of health service commissioning;
- Experience working for a Not for Profit or government funded organisation.
- Knowledge of Australian Health Care Reform
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and adapt as systems integrate or as new systems are launched.
- Working knowledge of common primary care clinical software systems such as Medical Director & Best Practice.
- Understanding of relevant Australian State and Federal Government Digital Health agencies.
You may have had experience in previous roles such as: Digital Health Officer, Digital Health Manager or Coordinator, Project Officer, Project Lead or Manager, Administration Officer, Project Officer – Health, Customer Support Officer, Information and Communications Technology Officer, ICT Officer, eHealth Officer, Customer Care Representative, telehealth Officer, Health Officer, Digital Health and Systems Officer, Digital Health Project Officer, Project Support Officer.
Why you should come work with us
Adelaide PHN offers a great range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Competitive remuneration and work-life balance;
- Access to generous not for profit Salary Sacrifice taxation benefits including up to $15,900 for living expenses and $2,650 for meals and entertainment;
- Work from home opportunities;
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year, in addition to annual leave entitlements;
- Generous allowance toward professional development;
- Family friendly and flexible working arrangements;
- Modern office space with natural light;
- Collaboration with passionate likeminded professional;
- Free Employment Assistance Program.
We believe that our people’s differences are what make us great. We value diversity in culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, neurodiversity or any other aspect which makes our people unique. We are on our journey to continuously work to call out inequality and bias and encourage real workplace inclusion and diversity.
A job and person specification is available at www.adelaidephn.com.au/engage-with-us/careers/vacancies/.
For further information about this role, please contact Krystle Meyers (Practice Support Manager) on 08 8219 5900 or email@example.com, using the subject line: Digital Health Lead enquiry via EthicalJobs.