Multiple Full Time or Part Time (minimum 0.8FTE) Opportunities – 12 month fixed term
Adelaide PHN is seeking motivated individuals who have a passion for primary health care and community wellbeing to join our Strategy and Engagement team as Practice Facilitators.
This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic Practice Facilitators to be responsible for supporting, coordinating, development of and delivery of general practice and primary health care provider engagement initiatives across the Adelaide Primary Health Network (Adelaide PHN) region.
Adelaide PHN is an independent, not for profit, primary health care organisation based in Adelaide.
We aim to improve the health and wellbeing of the Adelaide community by coordinating and integrating health and community services and by working in partnership to identify local needs and create strategies in response to keep people well and out of hospital; improving their experience AND their health outcomes – to deliver on our vision of A Healthier Adelaide by 2030.
The Practice Facilitator roles support general practice and broader primary health care services to improve and deliver high quality, safe, co-ordinated, evidence-based care to their communities through:
- actively communicating, engaging with and developing effective working relationships with GPs, general practice teams and primary health care providers;
- provision of hands on coaching and facilitation of quality improvement activities and programs;
- acquiring and maintaining an excellent working knowledge of key information across the primary care sector (including but not limited to Adelaide PHN programs, digital health, MBS, State and Commonwealth initiatives, COVID-19 and accreditation)
- supporting access to regional/local information systems and various other enablers such as clinical referral pathways, and emerging shared care and clinical information tools and processes;
- development or facilitation of resources and information, including website and newsletter content, to support health professionals, service providers and general practice, in response to high frequency themes appearing in practice support requests.
Our Practice Facilitators work collaboratively with general practices and primary health care service providers within the Adelaide PHN area to:
- increase engagement with the Adelaide PHN programs and services;
- increase knowledge of the Adelaide PHN programs and support the delivery of appropriate initiatives;
- facilitate opportunities for engagement with and between primary health care service providers;
- support systems improvements within general practice and primary care services within the Adelaide region;
- jointly develop new models of care and identification of GP champions to provide input to those projects.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Experience or tertiary/formal qualifications/certification in health related, human services or community services fields;
- Experience in the primary health care setting, including a strong understanding of general practice;
- Knowledge of contemporary issues for general practice and the primary health care sector;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with internal and external stakeholders and ability to conduct cohesive networking and stakeholder engagement;
- High level verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills with proven experience in delivering exceptional customer service;
- Extensive experience in quality improvement and practice improvement (including data for improvement and/or quality reporting) and ability to lead people through change management and quality improvement initiatives;
- To maintain a working knowledge across a range of topics or know where to access information and competency in information management;
- Understanding of the technological and digital systems that support primary care in Australia;
You may have had experience in previous roles such as: Practice Support Officer; GP Engagement Officer; Engagement Officer (General Practice); Allied Health Engagement Officer; Community Engagement Officer; Practice Manager; Health Officer; Project Officer; Digital Health Officer; eHealth Officer; Customer Care Representative; Program Officer.
Why you should come work with us
Adelaide PHN offers a great range of benefits to our employees, including:
- Competitive remuneration and work-life balance;
- Access to generous not for profit Salary Sacrifice taxation benefits including up to $15,900 for living expenses and $2,650 for meals and entertainment;
- Work from home opportunities;
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year, in addition to annual leave entitlements;
- Generous allowance toward professional development;
- Family friendly and flexible working arrangements;
- Modern office space with natural light;
- Collaboration with passionate likeminded professionals;
- Free Employment Assistance Program.
We believe that our people’s differences are what make us great. We value diversity in culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, neurodiversity or any other aspect which makes our people unique. We are on our journey to continuously work to call out inequality and bias and encourage real workplace inclusion and diversity.
A job and person specification is available at https://www.adelaidephn.com.au/engage-with-us/careers/vacancies/.
For further information about this role, please contact Krystle Meyers (Practice Support Manager) on 08 8219 5900 or firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Practice Facilitators enquiry via EthicalJobs.