BACKGROUND TO ADAI INC
Advocacy for Disability Access and Inclusion (ADAI) is funded by the Federal Department of Social Services to provide individual advocacy services to people with a disability living in South Australia. It has a central office in Currie Street Adelaide.
- Provides individual and self-advocacy services to people with disabilities, their families and primary carers as well as agencies working with people with disabilities
- Provides information and support to agencies working with people with disabilities and who seek services on behalf of their consumers.
- Assist clients to participate in decision making either by fostering self-advocacy, providing individual advocacy for the client, attending case conference, conciliation or similar or by assisting the client with any aspect of the process relevant to the issue.
- Contributes to reporting requirements that meet the governance and contractual requirements of the organisation
- Contributes to the development of self-advocacy tools
A Position Description is attached below.
For further information on the position, please email: email@example.com using the subject line: Advocate enquiry via EthicalJobs.
The position is located in North Adelaide at the ADAI central office but some travel may be required.