- 8 months parental leave cover
About the company
Afford is recognised as one of the best disability service providers in the sector, and we are celebrating our 70th year. We currently have a total staff of 2000 employees, and we support over 3,200 clients daily.
We have very successfully transitioned to NDIS and have been able to make it work for us and our clients. We have continued to go from strength to strength as a leader in the market and offer ongoing support and development for our teams.
About the opportunity
Due to our strategic growth, we are looking to appoint an accounts officer. You will be responsible for the integrity and maintenance of the account function across the organisation; managing Afford fleet including Rego renewals, facilitating trackers, managing motor vehicles & General insurance claims, process petty cash, allocation of DES and NDIS Remittances.
About the candidate
This role requires someone with strong organisational skills. We are looking for a person with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and can work as part of a team as well as autonomously, some of the duties and responsibilities are listed below:
- Responsible for the overall of Affords Motor Vehicles-Fleet Management, ordering & cancelling fuel cards, Ordering and maintaining Disability Parking permit across the organisation, Rego Renewals and Motor Vehicle Master maintenance
- Processing Toll and Fuel Bills
- Liaising with Afford Employees for Toll notices
- Responsible for overall Motor vehicle and General insurance
- Allocation of NDIS Remittances by claim and invoices
- Process Petty cash reimbursement in NAV and Administrator for Web Expenses (Petty cash management system)
- Allocation of DES Remittances by claim and invoice
- Other duties as required by the finance team
- Ensure all Afford WHS policy and procedures are adhered to
- Minimum two years’ of experience working in computerise accounting environment, preferable in a similar role
- Knowledge of implementing effective processes improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively across all level, internally and externally
- Ability in using MS Excel and report/information presentation
- Demonstrated ability of reconciliation skills
- Demonstrated ability of time management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability of customer services skills
- Cert IV in Accounting/Financial Services or other related qualifications
- Knowledge of the finance function and inter-relationships with Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Knowledge of ERP operating system
- Knowledge of effective relationship building/negotiation skills
- Understanding of Australian Accounting Standard
Why be part of Afford?
- Excellent working conditions;
- Competitive and above award pay rates and salary packaging options;
- Career development and advancement opportunities.
- Monthly and quarterly rewards for excellent customer service.
Please submit your application via the Apply Now links.
Afford is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
In order for you to be considered for this role this position you will need to have a clear police check, obtain a WWCC, and a NDIS Clearance Check