About the company
Afford is an innovative, passionate and genuine not for profit organisation. Our primary focus is supporting people with disabilities to live exceptionally joy filled lives. We have been established for 70 years and are one of the nation’s most successful disability services organisations.
About the opportunity
Due to our continued growth and expanding national footprint, we are seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to join our team, to support and work alongside our passionate CEO, Board of directors and other Executive managers as required.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Act as the point of contact with board directors, executives, employees, clients and other external stakeholders.
- Maintain and coordinate an effective calendar and filing system, ensuring the CEO’s competing demands are effectively managed.
- Schedule Board and Board Committee meetings and attend all meetings as the Minute Taker.
- Taking dictation and minuting meetings.
- Co-ordinate the preparation and distribution of Board papers and maintain the records to ensure compliance with applicable laws and Afford’s constitution.
- Prepare draft information for internal and external communication, such as memos, emails, presentations and reports.
- Screen phone calls and distribute correspondence.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Prepare expense claims and reports.
- Contribute to quality and business improvement.
- Adhere to all Afford WHS Policy and Procedures.
- Other duties as directed.
About the candidate
This is a pivotal role within Afford and we are looking for the following:
- Passionate about the disability industry
- Align with our company culture of Mission, Vision and Values
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience supporting C-level executives
- Strong organisational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders and board directors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point), Abode Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms
- Experience in a Not-For-Profit environment would be an advantage.
- Must have a clean, unrestricted drivers’ licence
Why be part of AFFORD?
We offer the following:
- Excellent working conditions.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Career development and advancement opportunities.
- Salary packaging options (give yourself a pay rise).
Afford is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
In order for you to be considered for this role this position you will need to have a clear police check!