About the company
Afford is a recognised Employer of Choice within the disability sector, and we are celebrating our 70th year. We pride ourselves on our reputation of delivering service excellence, person centred care focused on individual outcomes and are highly respected in the disability community.
About the opportunity
Afford growing and the impact we make on the community is significant. Working in Moreton Bay, you will be supported with opportunities to take on professional development, be involved in team building trips and leadership events. Some of the key responsibilities you will manage will include:
- Development and implementation of Behaviour Support Plans
- Collaborating with families to achieve client goals
- Conduct psychometric, behavioural and functional assessments.
- Training and supporting of frontline staff
- Working towards clinical outcomes such as reducing challenging behaviour & improving quality of life
- Be responsible for providing psychology services efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner
- Complete reports and work towards goals within the NDIS plans
- Meet Affords compliance requirements in relation to statutory WHS standards
- Contribute to team learning and development and a culture of excellence
Our vision is to provide innovative, flexible and high quality support for people with disabilities. As an experienced Psychologist you will have a genuine desire to support people with disabilities lead exceptional lives. You will also have:
- Relevant psychology tertiary qualification and current registration with AHPRA
- Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with people with a disability who have a range of functional abilities as well as complex needs
- We will also consider Provisional Psychologists
Why be part of AFFORD?
- Be part of a supportive and collaborative Allied Health team passionate about disability
- Competitive salary including packaging options;
- Company Car or Car Allowance Available
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Fully paid training and professional development
- Numerous other benefits
AFFORD is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.