About the company
Afford is recognised as one of the best disability service providers in the sector, and we are celebrating our 70th year. We currently have a total staff of 2000 employees, and we support over 3,200 clients daily.
We have very successfully transitioned to NDIS and have been able to make it work for us and our clients. We have continued to go from strength to strength as a leader in the market and offer ongoing support and development for our teams.
To deliver vocational training and support to Trainees in the School Leaver Employment Support [SLES] programme.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrange, deliver and assess modules/sessions to Trainees undertaking a SLES programme which can involve:
- Supporting Trainees in work experience placements
- Assess an individual’s barriers to employment and together with Trainees and their families develop individual transition plans that are aimed at overcoming these barriers
- Assist Trainees to access external training courses and provide support as directed by Employment Support Manager.
- Industry Visits to be organised and visited once a month
- Successful progression of Trainees to supported, open employment or DES program
- Document support given to Trainees on a daily basis
- Search potential employers for work placement and/ or experience
- Manage and provide SLES data and reports as required to the Employment Support Manager.
- Ensure all AFFORD WHS policy and procedures are adhered to
- Unrestricted NSW Driver’s License
- Strong administrations skills
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work
Why be part of Afford?
- Excellent working conditions;
- Competitive and above award pay rates and salary packaging options;
- Career development and advancement opportunities.
- Monthly and quarterly rewards for excellent customer service.
Afford is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
In order for you to be considered for this role this position you will need to have a clear police check and an NDIS Worker Screening Check!