Afford is a well-established Employer of Choice within the disability sector. Celebrating our 70th year we continue to expand our services as we grow our national footprint covering a range of services and have over 2,000 employees that support over 3,200 clients.
We pride ourselves on our reputation of delivering service excellence. Our Vision is to provide innovative and flexible high quality support that will genuinely enhance the lives of people with disabilities, their families and carers.
To be responsible for receiving, allocating and dispatching all customer and supplier goods. To be responsible for overseeing production lines whilst providing training and development for our People living with Disability. To provide recommendations for continuous process improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the day to day operations of the factory, yard and warehouse areas in conjunction with other supervisors and Supported Employees
- Maintain all Administrative requirements for the role including bond register if applicable to your site.
- Provide effective supervision and organise vocational training, development and support for employees with disability. Complete associated progress notes.
- Ensure all Afford WHS policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Other duties as directed by Senior Supervisor, Factory Manager, Business Manager Factories and Executive
- Forklift Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and direct activities of employees
- Demonstrated communication skills both oral and written and the capacity to work with others
- Ability to provide assistance to Supported Employees
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a warehouse environment or FMCG sector
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads
- Ability to work with individuals using a Client-Centred, goal-oriented approach
- Well-organised with a good knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to plan stock movements in advance and use booking sheets to control all incoming and outgoing stock movements
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principals of Equal Employment Opportunities
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principals of Workplace Health and Safety
- Knowledge of and commitment to the 6 Disability Service Standards
AFFORD is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
In order for you to be considered for this role this position you will need to have a clear police check and obtain a WWC and NDIS Clearance Check.