Aboriginal Family Legal Services aims to provide free, culturally secure, legal and support services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander victims and survivors of family violence and/or sexual assault.
We are seeking a Governance Officer to work at our corporate office in East Victoria Park on a part time basis – two days a week 0.4FTE.
The role is responsible providing a range of governance and executive support to deliver high quality advice and service to Directors and CEO, including the effective management and coordination of all AFLS Board meetings.
- Provide all necessary secretariat and administrative support to AFLS Board of Directors
- Maintain member database and compliance with ORIC
- Produce briefing notes, speaking points and presentations prior to, during and after meetings to help inform and advance governance discussions;
- Prepare, on behalf of the CEO, governance contributions to the Annual Report in conjunction with the Chair and Directors in a timely manner;
- Ensure that the proceedings and decisions of AFLS governance Board are adequately documented and followed-up; including minutes and
- Maintain and ensure the ongoing development of governance policies and procedures to ensure accountability and transparency, legislative compliance and alignment with strategic direction
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain sound risk management and governance processes and policies.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage own workload, set priorities and objectives and deliver on defined timeframes despite conflicting demands
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills including attention to detail, research and capacity to prepare reports for Board
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with Directors.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal people
- Knowledge of and/or experience with remote Aboriginal community issues
- Commitment to the principles of Aboriginal self-determination and social justice
- Demonstrated ability to travel to remote areas
- Experience working in a community legal organisation with Board of Directors.
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- Current ‘C’ class WA Driver’s License
- Current Federal Police Clearance
- Working with Children’s Check
AFLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply
AFLS reserve the right to close this position prior to the closing date.
The full Position Description which includes the Selection Criteria can be obtained by emailing email@example.com using the subject line: Governance Officer - Corporate Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.