Aboriginal Family Law Services (WA) aims to provide free, culturally secure, legal and support services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander victims and survivors of family violence and/or sexual assault.
Office Manager – Kununurra
We are seeking a Full-Time Office Manager to work at our office in Kununurra.
We are committed to creating an environment that is culturally safe for our clients. As such, we are actively seeking applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates for this position.
To be considered for this position you will possess the necessary skills and experience to do the following:
- Perform relief reception duties such as answering the phone, taking messages, filing mail processing, manage petty cash and office cleanliness and presentation
- Run errands, manage supplies, and all relevant vendor relations
- Manage and ensure Kununurra office runs according to AFLS policy and procedures
- Supervise support staff
- Coordinate and prepare reports for senior management
- Support data entry
- Support the IT/Data Coordinator with computer systems, email and network as needed.
- Manage and record all staff access to the office
- Assist the Administration officer if required
- Work with Media/Policy Advisor with the Annual Report and newsletters
- Other duties as requested by the Managing Solicitor.
- Min 3 years’ experience in previous similar role
- Tertiary or TAFE level qualifications relevant to the position
- A proven capacity to creatively deal with challenging issues
- Highly developed administration and client service skills
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and communications skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Computer literacy all Microsoft Office Suite, including word processing, Excel spreadsheet competency, power point, internet and email)
- Experience working in a community legal organisation
- Experience working with Aboriginal people
- Knowledge of computer and electronic equipment set up / routine maintenance / troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate media / promotional issues
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- Current ‘C’ class WA Driver’s License
- Current Federal Police Clearance
- Working with Children’s Check
- Fully Vaccinated against COVID19
The successful applicant will need to gain and demonstrate a broad general knowledge of AFLS and the suite of services that it delivers and the sites that it delivers from, as well as the ability to identify key personnel and have contact details available for all other AFLS sites.
Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is identified under Section 50(D) of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act. AFLS seeks to recruit an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander into this position.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The full Position Description which includes the Selection Criteria can be obtained below or by emailing email@example.com using the subject line: Office Manager - Kununurra enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.