- Salary Range $90,442 – $94,433 pa
- Fully Maintained Motor Vehicle
- CBD Location and Car Park Provided
- Salary Sacrifice Tax Breaks
- Plus access to a host of other benefits
You will be a dynamic leader responsible for overseeing culturally responsive, therapeutically informed, residential care services for aboriginal children and young people who are unable to live with their family.
- Lead and develop a motivated team
- Build relationships that will enhance the lives of children
- Work for South Australia’s leading Aboriginal Child Protection Service provider
To find out more about this stimulating role, its demands and its rewards; read on!
- Can demonstrate extensive management expertise
- Will have skills in leading successful teams in complex Residential Service delivery
- Can demonstrate the ability to develop and build relationships at all levels
- Will have an inclusive team-oriented approach
- Will have a significant understanding and knowledge of current issues, policies and trends in the area of child protection
- Can demonstrate cultural responsiveness working with Aboriginal children and young people
- Will likely have experience working with government departments and similar funding bodies
- Will likely have qualifications in Management and/or the Social Sciences field or similar
Your New Role:
- Is responsible for ensuring the provision of culturally responsive 24/7 care and support for Aboriginal children and young people unable to live with their birth families
- Ensures we provide a nurturing home environment
- Will lead and develop a team of dedicated workers providing care that is trauma-informed and understanding of the challenging behaviours that the children and young people may exhibit
You Will Need:
- A Child Related Employment Screening (CRES) or Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- A current unrestricted Drivers Licence
- To be Assessed as suitable via a Psychological Suitability Assessment
- A current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003)
- A Safe Environments for Children and Young People Certificate
- Eligibility to work in Australia
(Don’t have a WWCC? You can apply online at www.screening.sa.gov.au)
Your New Employer:
Long established in providing child protection and family support services, across South Australia, Aboriginal Family Support Services (AFSS) is at the forefront of supporting Aboriginal communities across South Australia.
Working in a not for profit agency you can salary sacrifice to increase your take home pay.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Now: Scroll down to view the job and person specification
Then: tell us in a two-page cover letter why you’re a good fit for this job and send this with your resume
For further info, please call Susan Richards on 0455 253 665 (Mon-Fri 9 – 5pm).
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not address your skills and experience against the Job and Person Specification in your cover letter we are unlikely to consider your application.
Scroll down to view the job and person specification