- Part time – 34.4 hours per week (over 4 days)
- Join one of Victoria/Tasmania’s leading aged care providers in one of the fastest growing industries
- Reputable and innovative values based organisation
- Location - Box Hill
About the role:
We are seeking an emotionally and spiritually mature chaplain who will provide compassionate, person-centered care to residents, work willingly and respectfully alongside colleagues, and show initiative in the provision of spiritual and religious care. This role requires the chaplain to communicate comfortably with individuals with complex health needs, people from a variety of faiths and/or who identify no spiritual/religious beliefs, families, staff, and chaplaincy colleagues. It recognises the link between emotional and spiritual needs. The person in this role will be responsible for:
- Individual care with residents and their families
- Timely Spiritual Assessments/Review, and regular electronic documentation relating to spiritual and religious needs
- Small group work
- Leading of worship
- Connecting with spiritual leaders from a variety of faith backgrounds as needed
- Offering guidance, leadership, education to other staff, in matters of spirituality, spiritual care, the role of chaplaincy, and other topics as needed
This is the place for you if you have:
- Compassion, initiative, genuine interest in enhancing the life and wellbeing of people as they age
- An ability to identify, assess, and provide for the emotional, spiritual and religious needs of residents, in line with the Australian Aged Care Quality Standards and UA Spirituality Framework
- CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) - minimum 1 unit or an equivalent training and experience in pastoral care.
- Formal theological qualification/s preferred
- A Commitment to work within and promote the ethos and values of the Uniting Church
- Ability to conduct Worship services within the Uniting Worship 2 framework
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
You will need:
- Working With Children Check
- Full Australian working rights
- A current Police Records Check or be willing to undertake this process
- A current flu vaccination and be prepared to meet this annual requirement
- COVID vaccination
At Uniting AgeWell we promote and support our people to be their BEST and give their BEST so they can help our communities to live well with choice and peace of mind. This is underpinned by our Values and Customer Promise and Charter.
- Be a part of a values based organisation
- Work in your local community and make a difference to the lives of our residents
- Career pathways, education and training opportunities
- Benefits, including salary packaging
- A mandatory annual flu vaccination is provided
At Uniting AgeWell (UA), our focus is on supporting older people to experience a sense of wellbeing, choice and independence in their lives, to feel valued members of their community and to have easy access to the community or residential services they need to live the life they want. With a range of services in many locations in Victoria and Tasmania, our 2,900 staff and 600 volunteers are committed to high quality services and care.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please complete your online application.
We look forward to hearing from you!