- Part time – 22.8 hours (over 3 days)
- Join one of Victoria/Tasmania’s leading aged care providers in one of the fastest growing industries
- Reputable and innovative values based organisation
- Location: Hawthorn
About the role
The Chaplain Coordinator role is a new position within Uniting AgeWell that will provide day to day operations management of UA’s Chaplains across Victoria and Tasmania.
This opportunity is for an emotionally and spiritually mature person, to lead and guide a team of chaplains, provide vision and direction in the developing role of aged care chaplaincy, and implement reporting initiatives and strategies.
The person in this role will be responsible for:
- Helping shape the role and leading in accordance with UA’s Spirituality Framework, the Australian Aged Care Quality Standards, and the National Guidelines for Spiritual Care in Aged Care
- Leading, encouraging, and supporting the UA workplace to embed an understanding of spiritual care and spirituality throughout the organisation
- Developing a chaplaincy team culture that is reflective, insightful, and creative, and able to clearly articulate the role and understanding of chaplaincy and spiritual care within UA
- Employment and Orientation of Chaplains in consultation with the Director of Mission
- Overseeing Chaplaincy Administration, including reviewing and monitoring chaplain documentation and ensuring ongoing training when needed
- Monitoring current trends, emerging issues and developments in the practice of the spiritual care profession, and their potential impact on UA services provided
This is the place for you if you have:
- Strong people management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Creative excellence in leading teams
- Highly organised work patterns
- Compassion, initiative, genuine interest in enhancing the life and wellbeing of people as they age
- Aged Care/aged care chaplaincy work experience (preferred)
- CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) – one or more units of CPE, or equivalent training and experience in pastoral care
- Formal theological qualification/s preferred
- A Commitment to work within and promote the ethos and values of the Uniting Church
You will need:
- Working With Children Check
- Full Australian working rights
- A current Police Records Check or be willing to undertake this process
- A current flu vaccination and be prepared to meet this annual requirement
At Uniting AgeWell we promote and support our people to be their BEST and give their BEST so they can help our communities to live well with choice and peace of mind. This is underpinned by our Values and Customer Promise and Charter.
- Be a part of a values based organisation
- Work in your local community and make a difference to the lives of our residents
- Career pathways, education and training opportunities
- Benefits, including salary packaging
- A mandatory annual flu vaccination is provided
At Uniting AgeWell (UA), our focus is on supporting older people to experience a sense of wellbeing, choice and independence in their lives, to feel valued members of their community and to have easy access to the community or residential services they need to live the life they want. With a range of services in many locations in Victoria and Tasmania, our 2,900 staff and 600 volunteers are committed to high quality services and care.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please complete your online application with Uniting AgeWell.
We look forward to hearing from you!
For more information please contract Judy Fry on 9133 5029