- 23 - 30hrs per week (negotiable), till April 2023 - with possibility of extension
- Remuneration: $75,000 - $80,000 PA (pro rata) + Super
- Work location: Surry Hills and work for home options
- Reports: NSW State Director
WHO WE ARE
The Animal Justice Party (AJP) was formed in response to growing public concern over the abuse, harm and mistreatment of non-human animals across Australia. We give a political voice to animals, pursue critical issues of animal protection through Australia’s political system and ensure the major political parties to adopt animal-friendly policies.
The AJP is a rapidly growing political force, and we now have five elected members: Mark Pearson and Emma Hurst in the NSW Legislative Council, Andy Meddick in the VIC Legislative Council, Charlie Vincent in Alpine Shire Council and Julie Sloan in Bendigo Council.
We're looking for the best Digital Campaigner out there!
You are an outstanding communicator and copywriter who has a sophisticated understanding of social media (particularly Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), and a thorough understanding of the digital landscape. You have delivered digital communications that demonstrably engage your audience and inspire them to take action, and have sound knowledge on how communications fit into a broader theory of change.
You are excited to be working in a fast-paced environment, have the skills and experience to understand modern social change campaigning, and know how to find the right message to make that change happen.
You'll have a strong background in content creation and the ability to use words, visuals and digital platforms to craft a cohesive narrative that both reaches and engages target audiences and inspires them to take action and get involved.
You enjoy collaborating with others, and working within the growing animal movement to achieve common goals. You have the confidence and experience to support your decisions, and the flexibility to incorporate the insights of your team.
Working with the NSW State Director and a small dynamic team, you will play a lead role in developing and rolling out digital strategies and tactics that resonate with target audiences - growing our membership and building support.
Through targeted messaging, you will shift hearts and minds, activate our members and supporters, and boost political pressure that creates change for animals.
You will write, implement and analyse, high quality digital campaigns across a range of online platforms, whilst maintaining the website.
Specifically you will:
- Develop engaging narratives and content that activate people and help to deliver on campaign goals - including end-to-end digital journeys, email blasts, web, social media and video content.
- Deliver hard hitting campaigns that utilise both traditional and digital media, framing NSW Parliamentary debates and providing our members and supporters opportunities to create political change.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new tactics and technologies to scale engagement, drive membership, target specific audiences and achieve mobilisation impact.
- Contribute to the development of online to offline engagement and organising
- Organise and facilitate public meetings, actions and events, online and offline.
- Train and advise staff and volunteers on creating social media content, with a focus on creating public narratives - and produce supporting documentation.
- Identify appropriate data segments, monitor their communications and design effective calls to action, as part of sustained user experiences to further Party goals
- Development of key metrics and benchmarks to measure campaign and membership performance on digital channels.
- Work collaboratively with the State Office, Parliamentary offices, members and volunteers to create collective impact for animals.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated commitment to the Animal Justice Party’s core values.
- Minimum 2 years experience delivering digital communication strategies
- Demonstrated success in growing support for digital campaigns using paid and organic methods.
- Experience developing strategies and tactics across a range of digital tools including: social media, email, website, and online conferencing.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and visual communications skills (including design skills).
- Experience working with CRMs or mass membership communications systems, ideally Nationbuilder and Action Network.
- Proficiency in digital tools including NationBuilder, Raisely, DoGooder, and Action Network.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage workflow of multiple competing tasks and projects.
- Ability to work effectively with some autonomy and accountability; self-motivated and can demonstrate initiative.
- Experience working in the media cycle.
- A strong track record of effectively working with and mobilising volunteers.
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating training.
- Experience with Google tools including ads and analytics.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to flex your digital Comms and campaigning skills and creative muscles.
- Access to training opportunities that grow your media, communications and campaigning skills.
- The chance to be part of a high impact, fast moving team who are creating demonstrable political change for animals.
- A great work-life balance including genuine flexible working arrangements and a dog-friendly office.
- A supportive environment and culture that celebrates inclusion, justice and compassion.
Email, firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Digital Communications Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs or call 0437 922 318 if you have any questions.