Are you looking for employment in a diverse role with flexible working conditions that provides an abundance of job satisfaction? Apply to become a member of our motivated care team and help us provide exceptional support for those who need it most.
All Care Australia provides therapeutic home environments for young people with histories of complex trauma, abuse, and neglect. All Care Australia uses a trauma-informed approach when supporting the young people in our care. Our goal is to provide the young people with a sense of family, support to heal, a chance to positively connect with others and the opportunity to rebuild their lives.
About the role
- As a Residential Youth Worker with All Care Australia, you’ll work within a team to create a safe and consistent environment that enables the young people in our care to discover their true potential
- Help us to implement principles and strategies that role model, mentor and teach young people necessary life skills
- Work a variety of shifts including - weekdays, afternoon/overnight, and weekend hours
- Support and link young people to appropriate networks and services where required
Qualifications & experience
- Hold or actively be working towards a minimum Cert IV or above in Human Services, Community Services, Social Services, or related field
- Current Blue Card (or willingness to apply for one)
- Hold a valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
- A current Open Driver's Licence
- Be subject to relevant criminal and child protection system checks
- Experience with technology incl. smartphones, tablets, and laptops
- Minimum 1-year Community Services experience
For more information regarding the minimum qualification standards, please click here.
No Card, no start from 31 August 2020
From the 31st of August 2020, you must hold a valid Blue Card before commencing shifts
Tasks & responsibilities
- Reporting; following policy and legislative requirements. Providing detailed written reports with online tools provided
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with children and young people by building trust through visible interest and active engagement
- Act as an appropriate adult role model, seeking to engage young people in purposeful activities aimed at developing life skills and self-worth
- Engage with young people using an evidence based, attachment and trauma informed care framework
- Support the involvement of family and where applicable, facilitate family visits/connection and the promotion of positive family relationships with children and young people, to suit individual needs
- Promote and encourage positive relationships with peers and other persons significant to the child/young person
- Assist the child/young person to participate as full as possible in making decisions about the activities undertaken
- Attend necessary training when provided
- Build and promote a positive and thriving community that supports the young people residing in our homes
- Ensure all essential needs are met for the young person within the home such as providing a balanced diet, prompts with hygiene, support for school engagement, and creating positive life experiences
- Promote independent living skills including assistance with cooking, meal planning, budgeting, shopping, maintaining the placement and supporting other daily living requirements
- Maintain and contribute to individual Therapeutic Care Plans for each young person within the home
- Assist and support young people to develop links and build their capacity to be part of their community
Please click Apply Now and submit a resume and cover letter if you are interested in the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
All Care Australia acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land on which we work and pay our respects to their Elders, past, present, and emerging throughout Australia.