The Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS) has been defending Australia’s oceans and marine life for over 50 years. AMCS is one of Australia’s most influential environmental charities. We advocate for change to safeguard our oceans and the wellbeing of all life on our blue planet.
We are looking for a passionate fundraiser who is committed to increasing the impact of a highly effective environmental group. If you’re looking for a role in a supportive environment with room to grow, where your skills will be nurtured and developed, then read on.
Sea Guardians are the lifeblood of AMCS. Our fundraising team is seeking someone to fill this exciting role with a focus on the recruitment, care and retention of our monthly giving donors and driving the rapidly growing program to new heights.
- Location: AMCS National Office, Brisbane
- Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 per annum plus Superannuation contributions of 11%.
- Hours: Full-time (38 hours per week). Part-time 4 days (30.4 hours/week) may be considered for exceptional candidates.
- Contract period: Two-year contract with a view to extend.
Purpose of the Position:
The Regular Giving Coordinator plays a central role in engaging, recruiting, retaining and motivating AMCS monthly donors to fund our critical work taking action on the big issues facing our oceans.
In this role, you will manage our Sea Guardians program, to help to generate essential recurring giving, providing long term funds for our programs to protect our ocean wildlife, while building the size and engagement of our supporter base.
You will be responsible for strategically co-ordinating the processing, growth, attrition management and maintenance of our Regular Giving program. You will be delivering projects primarily through tele-fundraising, digital and direct mail channels; working closely with members of the fundraising, communications and operations teams to ensure these projects are effectively rolled out; update and maintain the donor database; and, analyse the effectiveness of our regular giving programs, to continually optimise and deliver growth to our regular giving donors.
The position reports to the Fundraising Manager and works as part of the Fundraising Team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Regular Giving Coordination & Delivery
- Coordinate and deliver a suite of programs to acquire, convert, upgrade, retain and reactivate regular givers for AMCS using telemarketing, direct mail, EDM, social media and SMS channels.
- Report and analyse the effectiveness of all regular giving programs, including recruitment, retention, attrition, and engagement journeys.
- Conduct ongoing assessment and optimisation of regular giving donation web pages to increase regular giving conversion and average gift.
Regular Giving Program Growth
- Launch and trial new acquisition programs, across multiple prospect sources, to establish a well suited ongoing regular giving acquisition suite for AMCS.
- Work with the Digital Fundraising Officer to recruit digital to telemarketing lead regular giving conversion.
- Assess and redevelop regular giving product offering in line with market research, to increase the impact of AMCSs regular giving program.
- Strategically develop and suggest new ideas for prospect acquisition, conversion, upgrade and reactivation.
Regular Giving Nurture Journeys & Retention
- Coordinate and deliver an integrated retention and engagement program, including omnichannel engagement journeys, timely delivery of welcome packs and annual receipts, and overseeing operational attrition control policies.
- Work with the Fundraising Manager and Digital Fundraising Officer to develop a Sea Guardian Welcome Journey and ongoing engagement nurture journeys.
- Maintain nurture journeys with refreshed content as required, to strategically improve engagement, retention and attrition management.
- Report and analyse the effectiveness of all regular giving engagement journeys and ongoing assessment of attrition.
Telemarketing Agency Coordination & Delivery
- Coordinate and deliver a suite of telemarketing programs with telemarketing agencies to acquire, convert, upgrade, retain and reactivate Regular Givers for AMCS.
- Report and analyse the effectiveness of all regular giving telemarketing programs.
- Maintain and develop relationships with telemarketing agencies, prepare and present regular updates and training sessions for telemarketers.
- Support the Major Donor and Philanthropy Manager to implement telemarketing programs for our Bequests program.
Regular Giving Donor Relations & Engagement
- Develop and maintain excellent supporter relations by providing a high level of customer service across all contact points with our Sea Guardians supporters.
- Manage all direct Sea Guardians donor contact channels, including program specific inbound phone and inboxes, as well as outgoing emails, mail and SMS.
- Provide fulfillment for the Regular Giving Program by sending interest packs, welcome packs and retention activities via direct mail, email and SMS.
- Develop and maintain monitoring, optimisation and reporting on the performance of the program by providing reports and data where requested. Identify gaps in process and recommend solutions.
- Execute and manage the monthly Sea Guardian processing workflow.
- Work with the Fundraising Manager to ensure monthly income targets are met.
Essential Selection Criteria
- A minimum of two years’ experience in fundraising, marketing or administration in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience or understanding of general fundraising practices and regular giving fundraising programs.
- High attention to detail with excellent organisation, time management and project management skills.
- Experience using Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management databases.
- Demonstrated experience in data entry and data quality management.
- Commitment to achieving positive change for our oceans.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in marketing or fundraising, utilising telemarketing channels for acquisition or supporter retention, with a working knowledge of optimisation techniques to deliver the best telemarketing program.
- Experience in fundraising across multi-channels (including telemarketing, digital and direct mail).
- Demonstrated experience or understanding in supporter or donor journey mapping and delivery.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and engage with colleagues and external providers.
The Australian Marine Conservation Society is the voice for Australia's oceans. We are an independent not-for-profit charity. We deal with the big issues concerning the sea, working with the community to protect our marine wildlife, tackling major threats to our oceans and creating marine sanctuaries, places in the sea where sea life is safe from harm. Across our campaigns we tackle climate change - the biggest existential threat to our ocean planet, with our Great Barrier Reef at the fire front. We are a committed group of professional and passionate scientists, educators and advocates who have defended Australia's oceans for over 50 years.
- Integrity. We are trusted, credible, independent and ethical in our actions.
- Courage. We are brave, respectful and honest advocates for marine life.
- Passion. We demonstrate commitment to and care for our oceans in all we do.
- Solidarity. We work together, embracing equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Effectiveness. We are driven, professional, agile and resilient, working to deliver the best outcomes for Australia’s people and wildlife.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
AMCS is a strictly non-partisan and an equal opportunities employer. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply.
Please Note: Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. That is, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen, or hold a valid visa with permission to work on an ongoing basis.
For all enquiries about this position please contact us via email email@example.com using the subject line: Regular Giving Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs or 07 3846 6777.