AmeCare is a dedicated and specialised agency supporting people with mental heath and dual disabilities.
We pride ourselves on being passionate and committed to meeting immediate needs, building independence and supporting a persons well-being.
We strive to reconnect people with their community and fostering good relationships with a range of young people and adults from diverse backgrounds.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants.
We are looking for people with experience and a special interest in accommodation settings as we are looking for a teams of support staff. We own and operate lead tenancy houses, SIL homes, SRS's and also provide outreach/community based support to participants. We are looking for people who are willing to work in Doreen, Lalor, Epping, Airport West, Heidelberg, Alphington and Croydon. In addition to accommodation, we are also seeking people who are prepared to work with participants on an outreach basis in the community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
We are ideally looking for:
- Assisting participants to develop the desired skills set out in their NDIS plans; personal care, budgeting shopping, domestic skills, using public transport, community access etc
- People who are willing to work within company policies to create a home for people
- Assisting participants with their weekly plans to help them reach their goals
- Working with participants and helping them develop self-advocacy skills and to advocate on their behalf when required.
- Assist participants in decision making and daily panning
- Assist participants to access the community
- Assisting participants to develop and maintain positive relationships with friends, family, service providers and supports
- Keep regular case notes on the progress of the participant
- Undertaking duties required by management to assist the organisation to achieve its goals
- Travelling and engaging with participants at their home, place of work or in the community
- Coordinating activities with the participant
- Assessing and managing risk in activities.
To be eligible for the position:
- A criminal record check completed within the last 3 months must be supplied. When an employee has lived outside of Australia for 12 months or more within the last 10-year period, an international check must also be supplied on request.
- Currently hold/is working towards a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline. (Cert IV in mental health, community services, AOD, youth, disability etc)
- Previous employment/lived experience as a support worker or similar role.
- Good/excellent knowledge of the disability, mental health, and/or community care sector
- Must have or be willing to apply for an NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Providing support in line with the goals in the participants NDIS plan
- Keeping accurate and up to date case notes on participants progress
- Working within the guidelines of the NDIS and reporting to management if the need arises
- Feel confident working with people with complex needs
- Be willing to travel to the Northern, Western and South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
- MUST own and drive their own vehicle
Please do not apply if you do not drive or have your own vehicle.
Please note: Our head office is based in Bundoora but we have participants based all over Melbourne.
We are looking for people who want to grow within the business and who are passionate about people. We want an ‘above and beyond’ attitude.