- Are you passionate about People and Culture?
- Opportunity to help challenge injustice by leading our dynamic People & Culture team
- Part time (60 hour fortnight) permanent position (96k - 102k pro rata + 10.25% super) from any of our Action Centres
This is an exciting opportunity for an internal applicant to join our Finance & Operations Unit as part of our dynamic People & Culture team. The People & Culture Lead is responsible for leading AIA’s human resources function by providing workplace solutions in line with Amnesty International Australia’s (AI Australia’s) vision and values.
You will benefit from generous work/life initiatives including working from home (WFH) arrangements and a flexible leave and working hours scheme, a supportive environment working alongside committed and dedicated individuals and an opportunity to create meaningful human rights impact. To view more of the fantastic benefits that you will be offered as an employee, please visit our website.
The People and Culture Lead will support managers on human resources matters providing mentoring and advice on strategic aspects of an employee’s lifecycle and overall staff culture, ensuring that AI Australia is able to meet its changing needs and create positive human rights change. The People and Culture Lead will be accountable for guiding best practice job design, recruitment and induction for the organisation, ensuring that AI Australia continues to attract and employ talented and committed individuals.
You will be responsible for:
- Overall management of the human resources function, ensuring a best practice approach. Develop and maintain annual plans, budgets, compliance training and core processes;
- Provide HR generalist support and advice to the Amnesty Management Team including assisting with the development policy and longer term strategies and plans;
- Coach and assist in the organisation’s approach to performance management, including supporting managers conducting counselling and support of staff;
- Manage and support direct report/s including providing direction, feedback, coaching and supporting development on an informal and formal basis;
- Provide advice and support to managers in relation to job design, recruitment and onboarding. Develop manager’s skills in terms of identifying, attracting and retaining talent. Support processes and tools for staff recruitment including interviewing, testing, selection and contracting of staff;
- Represent AI Australia and liaise with the union representatives on industrial relations matters. Ensure implementation and compliance of the Enterprise Agreement and any other industrial elements within the Australian legal context. Maintain knowledge of employment law, privacy, EEO, WHS and anti-discrimination; and ensures its application within AI Australia;
- Manage and implement the remuneration system, including; grading of roles, undertaking salary surveys and benchmarking;
- Manage the bi-annual self audit for payroll and leave compliance;
- Provide support to AI Australia’s Work Health and Safety consultation process, including management of workers compensation claims, return to work plans and reporting;
- Advise, facilitate and arrange training in accordance with organisational development needs and legislation/regulation;
- Develop and maintain monthly human resource metrics and quarterly dashboard metrics for management and Board;
- Lead the communications, training and tracking of the bi-annual performance review process;
- Provide advice and coaching to management to ensure positive organisational behaviour and culture, including conducting and analysing the annual staff engagement survey;
- Assist in ensuring policies and practices lead to positive workplace diversity and support the Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP);
- Participate and lead (where required) in AIA sub-committees;
- Lead and manage the annual development and review of AIA policies and procedures;
- Manage relationships with external providers, including for recruitment, workplace legal advice and training. Manage People and Culture contractors and interns/volunteers as required;
To learn more about this role, please view a detailed position description. If this role sounds like you please apply below and provide a brief cover letter stating why you would be suitable for the role and attach your CV. Applications close 11.59pm Sunday 16 January 2022 (AEDT).
- How do you build effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation to establish trust and rapport?
- Please provide an example of a time where you introduced a new system, process or initiative to improve the organisation’s ways of working.
- Please describe your leadership style and outline your leadership values.
- Please outline your experience dealing with complex ER/IR matters.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
AI Australia is committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work, community and partner relationships. We want people to achieve their full potential, which will positively impact on our work and the communities in which we operate. At AI Australia, our values empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment. We have a global, multicultural following and want to actively contribute to building a more diverse and inclusive team at AI Australia.
AIA is committed to making reasonable adjustments for candidates with a disability or other access needs during the recruitment and selection process. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment and interview process, please email us at email@example.com.
Amnesty International Australia is one of Australia’s largest not for profit organisations. We are an independent, global movement that campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone.
We’re ordinary people from all walks of life, standing together for justice, freedom, human dignity and equality. We use our passion and commitment to bring torturers to justice, change oppressive laws and free people imprisoned just for voicing their opinion.
We’re independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion to ensure we can speak out on human rights abuses wherever they occur. Every day we move closer to a world where human rights are enjoyed by all