- Are you a passionate and motivated human rights defender?
- Opportunity to help challenge injustice using your customer service and administrative experience
- Permanent role 0.6 - 1.0 FTE based in our Sydney Action Centre
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to join our Supporter Care Coordinator team. Our Supporter Care team is our first point of contact, providing high quality customer service for the large majority of our supporters, members, activists and members of the public. Our Supporter Care team also feeds back to the organisation information such as complaints and compliments, interests and how much volume activities have generated across the breadth of the organisation to help achieve AI Australia’s organisational goals and solidify our human rights impact.
The Supporter Care Coordinator will assist in the delivery of Amnesty's Supporter Care strategy for all inbound contact across all channels (customer service, online/offline/phone). The successful applicant will provide high-quality services to supporters to build activism and mobilisation, through basic event administration, promotion and logistical support.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for:
- Collecting supporter insights to inform supporter engagement, fundraising and movement strategies
- Inbound contact with Amnesty International Australia (customer service, online/offline/phone), including issue resolution where relevant
- Importing of data from web (e.g. donations, membership, online profiles)
- Logistical support and routine advice to facilitate all aspects of supporter participation in action groups, network and campaigns including distribution of resources and information, administration of records (including financial records) and routine reporting
- Point of contact for requests for assistance by Action Groups, Networks and independent supporters
- Provide advice relating to Amnesty International Australia’s campaigns, governance processes and national and global priorities to supporters
- Recruit and supervise volunteers
- Support for training for activists and volunteers including delivery of defined training content
Ideally you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate diverse activities, working with and coordinating a team of people
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, supporting and coordinating a diverse range of volunteers and supporters
- Experience working with office and online communications technology and software including word processing, accurate data entry, spreadsheets, databases and social media platforms
- Customer service experience
- Organisation and logistical coordination skills with experience in a dynamic and high volume work environment
- Familiarity with human rights issues and social change methods and tactics, including experience of mass mobilisation, activism and organising techniques
- Demonstrated experience in or commitment to working with rights holders.
This is a permanent role, 0.6 ($44,237) - 1.0 ($73,729) FTE based in our Sydney Action Centre. To learn more about this role, please view a detailed position description. If this role sounds like you, please apply below and provide a brief cover letter stating why you would be suitable for the role and attach your CV.
- Please comment on your communication and customer service skills, particularly over the phone, by providing an example of how you provided a service to a customer that went beyond their expectations
- Please comment on your skills in conflict resolution and ability to deal with challenging customers.
- Please demonstrate, by using examples, your competency in data entry and administration for a team. Please detail different softwares you are competent using and the context in which you were using these systems.
- Please demonstrate, by using examples, your ability to work effectively in a team environment
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Amnesty
We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work, community and partner relationships. We want people to achieve their full potential, which will positively impact on our work and the communities in which we operate. At AI Australia, our values empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment. We are a movement of people from all walks of life around the world. We intend to actively contribute to building a more diverse and inclusive team.
Amnesty International Australia is one of Australia’s largest not for profit organisations. We are a global movement of 8 million people who courageously campaign for human rights for everyone.
We’re ordinary people from all walks of life, standing together for justice, freedom and equality. We use our passion and commitment to bring torturers to justice, change oppressive laws and free people imprisoned just for voicing their opinion.
We’re independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest or religion to ensure we can challenge the injustice of human rights abuses wherever they occur.
Every day we move closer to a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
We stand for equality, justice and freedom and uphold these values:
- Empowerment - we build people power
- Persistence - we are resolute in pursuit of our goals
- Integrity - we hold ourselves to the highest standards
- Courage - we are fearless in upholding human rights