- Identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander position
- 6 weeks annual leave, 17.5% leave loading
- Darwin based
AMSANT is the peak body for Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services in the Northern Territory and advocates for equity in health, focusing on supporting the provision of high quality comprehensive primary health care services for Aboriginal communities
The Leadership Project Officer’s primary role is to coordinate AMSANT’s Aboriginal Leadership Development program and support AMSANT members to build the capacity of upcoming future leaders in Aboriginal health. This position will be responsible to plan and implement key strategic leadership activities for AMSANT.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of the Leadership Program;
- Develop and coordinate initiatives relating to leadership within the Aboriginal community controlled health sector;
- Engage with, identify and provide support and mentoring to AMSANT’s member services and their staff;
- Work closely with the Workforce team and other relevant AMSANT teams to progress
- Identified workforce and leadership initiatives; and
- Participate in relevant AMSANT meetings as required.
SELECTION CRITERIA Essential:
- Highly motivated with initiative to support and contribute towards a busy team based environment to achieve organisational strategic goals.
- Experience in project and event management with demonstrated ability to provide leadership, including the ability to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate programs for its effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- High level of oral, written and interpersonal skills to effectively negotiate, collaborate and facilitate programs in a diverse cultural organisation.
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to work with limited supervision by managing a variety of competing projects to achieve successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to engage, collaborate, negotiate and form working relationships with a range of external stakeholders and other organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively and sensitively with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds while having a sound education and understanding of ATSI cross cultural protocols.
- Current NT driver’s license and the ability to travel within the NT by road or light aircraft.
- Relevant Tertiary qualification or Certificate IV in workplace development and training or similar
- Previous experience in Project Management and/or Event Management Appointment Factors: (Appointment is subject to)
- Willingness to undergo a Police Check
- Ability to obtain a Working with Children’s Clearance
- Current Driver’s Licence
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressing selection criteria by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
For any other inquiries, please contact HR on 08 8944 6686.