- Full-time, permanent opportunity
- Hindmarsh with travel within Metro-Adelaide
- An exciting opportunity to become a part of a growing Behaviour Support and Developmental Education Team within our established dynamic AnglicareSA Outreach Therapeutic Service (OATS)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly motivated Developmental Educator to work within our established Outreach Therapeutic Team. This role will provide a variety of services to children, young people and adults living with a Disability or Experiencing mental health challenges. You will be called upon to utilise your comprehensive knowledge and expertise to work with customers, families, staff and other professionals who are involved in the support of an individual.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Manage a caseload of customers, and provide person-centred support and intervention to the customer, their family and key stakeholders
- Provide 1:1 therapy to children, young people and adults across a variety of environments including early childhood settings, schools, homes and the community
- Complete assessments, writing reports and delivering a high-quality service to support customers to reach their individual goals
- Provide ongoing training and support to customers, families and stakeholders to effectively implement behaviour support plans, strategies, collect data and fade out the use of restrictive practice
- Educate stakeholders and the wider community regarding restrictive practice and the principles on Positive Behaviour Support, while upholding AnglicareSA values: integrity, compassion, stewardship, equity and servant leadership
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Disability and Developmental Education and full registration with the DEAI
- Experience providing therapeutic services to children, young people and adults across a variety of settings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively both in a team environment and autonomously
- Solid organisational and time management skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to build strong, positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Who is AnglicareSA?
As SA’s largest social services provider, AnglicareSA makes a positive difference to the lives of more than 65,000 people each year. Our 1,800 staff and 580 volunteers support individuals, families and communities, responding to their immediate need and working with them to build capacity to restore and maintain dignity and control in their lives. Our services are broad, supporting people at every stage of life.
We believe in social justice, the equal worth of each citizen, equality of opportunity and the importance of strong communities. Together we change lives.
What we offer:
- Access to our fantastic salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by decreasing the amount of tax you pay
- Banking benefits, health care discounts, gym membership offers, paid parental leave, and much more
- A diverse and supportive team culture who have a focus on improving lives by working collaboratively
How to Apply:
When submitting an application, please attach your resume and a cover letter addressing the demonstrable requirements/competencies.
View the job description via the vacancy's application page on the AnglicareSA website for the full role requirements.
For further information please contact Bridget Knowles on 0411 857 056.