- Full-time Parental Leave position until November 2022, with the possibility of extension
- Flexible and mature work environment with a supportive wrap around culture
- Work from our office in Lalor
The role involves the provision of an in-home family casework service, working in partnership with families with the aim of strengthening parenting capacity and family resilience. The work involves taking steps to reduce risks to children's safety and wellbeing and that of other family members, as well as working with families to empower them to manage their life situation and to take charge of their lives, including having a positive engagement with their community.
What we are looking for:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with experience in the relevant service stream.
- Demonstrated resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma, violence or neglect.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to working within the ‘Best Interest Principles’ outlined within the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 and a sound understanding of the Victorian Child Protection system.
- Demonstrated experience working with families who have multiple and complex needs, utilising a child-focused family-centred approach.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of individual and systemic theories which underpin effective in-home family based interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders to reach the best outcomes for children, young people and families, including a demonstrated awareness of the Child Information Sharing Scheme, the Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme and the MARAM Framework.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office packages and other statistical databases such as IRIS.
What you need to know:
- Salary $84,000-$88,000 plus super plus salary packaging (Level 5 SCHCADS)
- Office location: Lalor
- Some hours outside of the 9-5 but that means start and finish times can be flexible
- We are a career focussed organisation this opportunity can open the door to ongoing work
- We are the largest provider of children and families services in Victoria
- An industry leading learning and development team and culture
- Access to discounted health insurance, free Employee Assistance, Salary Packaging and a range of other employment benefits supporting your physical and mental health
- A culture of inclusivity and resilience
- Our Rainbow Tick Accreditation
- A leadership team that are passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes for children, young people and familie
Ready to take the next step::
Detailed Position Description PD_FS_ FS Prac_FT_Lalor_May 2022.pdf
For further enquiries contact Jan Pfeiffer on 0408 053 196.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement. AV employees are required to either be fully vaccinated against Covid 19 or have a medical exemption. AV will require evidence that you are compliant with these requirements.