- Permanent opportunity
- Ongoing commitment to individual flexibility with the potential to work 100% remotely
- Strong organisational culture of connection and community
A little about us:
Animals Australia has earned a global reputation as leaders in strategic campaigning and advocacy. Our award-winning national campaigns and unique investigative work have awakened millions to the systemic animal suffering that exists within factory farming and live animal export, and inspired countless individuals to drive change simply by living compassionately and acting kindly.
Our vision to create a kinder, more compassionate and respectful world for all living beings is bold and ambitious. To achieve this vision we need to inspire changed thinking about our relationship with animals on a global scale. Working in this space we encourage a learning mindset at all levels of the organisation, across all roles.
Working within Development & Supporter Engagement (and playing a key role in digital advocacy), the Communications Manager is responsible for delivering a communications strategy that engages our supporters, and ensuring that high quality content is crafted that inspires our supporters to act.
This includes working closely with the Director of Development (and other key stakeholders) to:
- Develop and implement innovative communication strategies that optimise supporter engagement and action
- Successfully lead multiple major communications projects
- Use your exceptional communication skills to tell compelling stories to a diverse audience across a range of mediums
- Provide communications coaching, guidance and advice across the organisation
- Build and maintain positive, robust internal and external stakeholder relationships
With a track record in leading successful communications strategies, you can show you are:
- Aligned to our vision and values
- An experienced strategic content planner – with the ability to both see the big picture and execute the detail
- An outstanding communicator with proven success in creating influential content and sustaining stakeholder relationships
- Skilled and confident at efficiently producing high quality written work to tight timeframes
- Highly adept at researching and synthesising complex information into clear, effective and engaging communications
- Able to lead and manage successful communications projects – delivering quality results on time and on budget
- Openminded – with a willingness to challenge your own thinking - in the interests of doing whatever is needed to get the best outcomes for animals.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES THAT WILL HELP YOU STAND OUT
- Fundraising, advocacy and/or media experience
- Knowledge of animal welfare laws and codes, systems and processes (e.g. government processes like submissions, reviews, complaints and investigations)
- Understanding of the Australian political landscape as it relates to animal welfare
⭐ Please refer to the attached position description for a full outline of the role and what we’re looking for
❔ Love our work but unsure if you have the capabilities we're looking for? We'd love to hear from you! Please reach out to Charlotte via the details below
WHAT ANIMALS AUSTRALIA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Initial salary of $85,000-92,500 plus super
- An innovative workplace that is reimagining the employee experience
- An inclusive, genuine, supportive, animal-friendly environment
- Generous leave provisions including Companion Animal Carer’s and Compassionate leave
- Flexibility! We’ve made an ongoing commitment to individual flexibility with most of our team working fully/almost entirely remotely
- Wellbeing Program including a customised Employee Assistance Program, discounted private health insurance and Wellbeing Leave
- A commitment to growing our people – personally and professionally
WHAT SHOULD I INCLUDE IN MY APPLICATION?
If you share our vision of a world where kindness, compassion, and respect extend to all living beings, apply now, including the following information:
- Please attach a cover letter - this helps us understand a little more about who you are and what inspires you.
- Your current resume
- Please provide a portfolio and/or examples of previous work you’ve written and/or produced
For any queries or further information on the role, please contact Charlotte, People and Culture Coordinator, via email to email@example.com, using the subject line: Communications Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please note that the Animals Australia office will be closed from 5pm Friday 24 December reopening Tuesday 4 January.