ARMIA is a charitable organisation operating in Sunnybank, SE QLD. We provide a wide range of services, activities and programs including (but not limited to) Multicultural Communities' and Disability Services to holistically empower the "forgotten ones", mostly New Australians who struggle to integrate even after many years in Australia, as well as disadvantaged mainstream and indigenous persons. We strive to remove fit men and women from endless welfare dependency and support most vulnerable members in the community.
Qualifications & experience
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and advocacy on behalf of clients.
- Demonstrated commitment to access and equity for individuals from disadvantaged communities.
- The capacity to rapidly build trust and confidence in clients.
- Demonstrated advanced multicultural competency.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically in relation to resource management and allocation.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NDIS framework, principles of Quality Systems, Risk Management, and related policies.
- Advanced communication skills and experience working in Australia.
- Sound demonstrable knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office (including Word, Excel, and Power Point), social media.
- Strong contact centre and/or customer service experience
- Experience in providing training to multicultural groups, particularly on employment coaching.
- Strong knowledge of the Australian employment and other systems
- Advanced computer and communication skills.
- Availability to work full-time hours Monday - Friday on a long-term basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management, punctuality, and attendance.
- Social work and/or other Social Welfare degree, plus a training/coaching qualification / experience
Experience with NDIS support coordination and/or employment coaching would be an advantage.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing advocacy services within the community
- Providing direct and personalised assistance through support services
- Providing referrals, linking with appropriate support services and coordination
- Monitoring, assessing, and reporting progress of each client and ad hoc activities.
- Case Management, service agreements, report writing & records keeping.
- Providing holistic employment support/coaching
- NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- Supervision of Care and Field Workers & incident reporting
- Support with Internal Audits - Monitoring and Evaluation
- Attractive work conditions and salary, work mobile and vehicle.