We are the Arnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation (ALPA) and our mission is to operate successful and responsible businesses emphasising local employment, training, career pathways, customer service, and safety.
Having been in operations for nearly 50 years, from humble beginnings, we have grown to be Australia's largest financially independent Indigenous corporation, employing over 1,000 employees across 27 remote locations throughout NT and QLD. We strive to improve the health, quality of life, and economic development of our members, giving primacy to their cultural heritage, dignity, and desire for opportunity and equality with their fellow Australians.
About the role
The Activity Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of the Community Development Program activities and general site maintenance. The role is integral in the generation and running of meaningful and engaging activities participants are required to undertake as part of their mutual obligations. The Activity Coordinator is a major component of CDP’s engagement with the wider community, undertaking regular consultation with the community leadership.
Your trade background paired with your leadership abilities will allow you to work with and further develop the local team members, providing empowerment and upskilling opportunities.
This position is based in a remote community in Arnhem Land, Northern Territory
- Work closely with community members to ensure that CDP activities are valued and relevant.
- Support supervisors while delivering activities and arrange all necessary equipment for activities
- Work with supervisors on job seeker attendance and address barriers of job seekers
- Promote new ideas, plans and concepts with the supervisors to ensure the continues growth of the CDP activities
- Ensure all legislative requirements are understood and practiced by CDP team members
- Regularly work on professional development with supervisors to develop their skills in specific areas
- Support Site Manager to ensure site is always maintained to a high standard
Skills and Experience
- Qualification in Community Services or similar is highly desirable
- Trade background highly regarded
- Previous experience working with the ECSN system
- Thorough knowledge of the current CDP contract
- Experience in managing KPI’s
- Experience working in a remote setting with vulnerable people
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Competitive remuneration package
- Salary Packaging options available
- Shared accommodation + all utility bills included
- 7 weeks annual leave + 12% super
- Relocation assistance
- 2 return flights p.a. from community to Darwin
- Career development opportunities
COVID – 19 vaccination is a mandatory requirement for all new ALPA employees from 01 November 2021.
All applications will be treated confidentially and only those with the rights to work full time in Australia will be considered.
ALPA is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. We also encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.