- Develop your Team, further your career, see your contribution truly count and change lives for the better
- Great salary package with Not For Profit salary packaging options available
- Work for Australia’s largest Independent Aboriginal Corporation
We are the Arnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation (ALPA) and our mission is to operate successful and responsible businesses emphasising local employment, training, career pathways, customer service, and safety.
Having been in operations for nearly 50 years, from humble beginnings, we have grown to be Australia's largest financially independent Indigenous corporation, employing over 1,000 employees across 27 remote locations throughout NT and QLD. We strive to improve the health, quality of life, and economic development of our members, giving primacy to their cultural heritage, dignity, and desire for opportunity and equality with their fellow Australians.
About the role
You will provide strategic and operational leadership to the Community Development Program and oversee the daily operations and strategic direction of the Community Development Program site. The objective of the role is to develop and lead a team which enables Community Development Program participants and other community members to pursue and achieve their goals.
- Operationalise and implement locally tailored Community Development Program. Programs based on comprehensive community consultation
- Support participants, families and employers in successful transition of participants into the workforce and provide ongoing support
- Lead and coach teams within the community
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and networks within ALPA communities to increase the opportunities available for Community Development Program participants
- Support staff to design and implement, with the support of the community, engaging and diverse activities for participants
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Development or similar or service provision experience related to Community Development Program
- Previous experience in working directly within remote Indigenous communities in a culturally sensitive manner
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Deep understanding of best practice community development methodology
- Exceptional leadership and management qualities
- The opportunity to continue to build a rewarding career with strong pathways to senior management positions within ALPA, Australia's largest Independent Aboriginal corporation, one that is fully self-funded and Board is 100% Yolngu
- The opportunity to live in Arnhem Land, work with the people of the Milingimbi community and deliver meaningful outcomes where most needed
- Excellent base salary (commensurate with skills & experience) | 12% super | 7 weeks annual leave | Salary Packaging options available
- Fully furnished accommodation provided | utilities included | relocation | 2 return flights p.a. to Darwin
- Access to ALPA's Employee Assistance Program & more!
All applications will be treated confidentially and only those with the rights to work full time in Australia will be considered
ALPA is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. We also encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Site Manger - Community Development Program enquiry via EthicalJobs.