- Location: Flexible location within South East QLD - Burleigh, Beenleigh, Toowong etc
At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It's the reason we exist - after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
We are currently seeking an inspiring and innovative Senior Behaviour Practitioner to join our team in South East QLD. This is a great opportunity for any Behaviour Support Practitioner looking to take the next step up in their career. Be part of a brand new Therapeutic Support Services team and be involved in its direction from the ground up!
Our Senior Behaviour Support Practitioners are Human Rights warriors! They work in a multi-disciplinary model with a range of allied health professionals to understand customer needs and goals and provide tailored support to meet these. They ensure our organisational purpose is demonstrated to our customers and others on a daily basis.
A day in the life of a Senior Behaviour Support Practitioner…
- Assist customers, their families and a team of BSP's to identify individual needs through assessment and planning, developing meaningful goals and practical strategies to meet customer goals in their home and community
- Provide consultation advice and support around significant life transitions for customers in Aruma placements, supporting the customer to develop skills to cope with these major changes to minimise the impact on them and ensure the viability of the transition
- Consult and liaise with clients, hospital and community staff, carers/family members, relevant agencies and government departments, as appropriate to ensure holistic planning and support of the customer
- Mentor and train your team to exercise independent clinical judgment concerning the selection and application of principles, methods and techniques of clinical assessment and/or therapy
- Write your own Positive Behaviour Support Plan's (PBSP) as part of a small caseload, as well as monitor and approve all PBSP's prepared by your team, ensuring that all State and Federal legislative requirements are met for the use of Restrictive Practices
Skills that you must have…
- Demonstrated skills and experience of a Proficient level or above Behaviour Support Practitioner as outlined in the National Disability Insurance Scheme Quality and Safeguards Commission - Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework 2019 and to maintain suitability to deliver Specialist Behaviour Support under the NDIS
- Have a minimum 3 years experience in the delivery supports to people with complex behaviour support needs
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Disability or Social Sciences
- Have explicit knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support principals including functional behaviour assessment, development of behaviour support plans, implementation processes
- Working with Children Check and National Police Check clearance
- Current driver's licence and a willingness to drive as per role requirements
- Current First Aid Certificate
Nice to haves…
- Experience in delivering and evaluating relevant training for support staff and hold a Certificate in Workplace Training and Assessing or prepared to undertake this training
Why work for us?
- We have a collegiate, supportive and friendly culture!
- Culture with training, supervision, and professional development available
- Fortnightly supervision, professional development opportunities and a good career pathway to be a leader in the disability sector
- Flexible working arrangements
- This role by negotiation can be 0.8 FTE depending on preference
- Competitive salary will come with either a car allowance/motor vehicle, laptop, mobile phone and NFP Salary Packaging ($15,900 tax benefits per year)
Be part of this dedicated, collaborative team and make a difference! Apply Now!
Aruma is a Child Safe Organisation