- Work Type: 1x Part Time (20 hours per week) - 6 month contract
- Location: Charlestown, NSW
At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It's the reason we exist - after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
Based at our Charlestown office (with customers across Newcastle and Lake Macquarie) you will work with families, carers and participants to support and coordinate all aspects of their NDIA plan and to form links with internal and external stakeholders.
Your role will involve:
- Assisting participants to build and maintain strong community relationships and local interests
- Supporting the implementation of all the supports in NDIS Plans, including informal, mainstream and community, as well as funded supports
- Networking internally and externally to assist Individuals achieve their desired personal outcomes
- Actioning of appropriate referrals for individuals
- Ensuring mainstream services meet their obligations (i.e. housing, education, justice, health).
- Timely, accurate and analytical NDIA reporting
- Assisting and mentoring participants to overcome barriers to inclusion.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate the following selection criteria:
- Passion for supporting the human rights of people with a disability
- High level of competency with Office 365 and the Microsoft suite of programs.
- Ability to build and maintain strong community connections and relationships with service providers, individuals and/or families/carers
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Report writing, advanced literacy and analytical skills
- Able to work independently in a high pressure and busy role, as well as in a small team environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of and awareness of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Ability to learn the NDIA line items, planning processes and approaches to funding of supports
- Current Australian Drivers Licence.
If you think you meet the Selection Criteria and that this is the role for you, please:
- Complete a cover letter clearly addressing the above Selection Criteria
- Provide a current resume outlining your relevant experience and qualifications
Applications which do not clearly address the Selection Criteria will not be considered.
All applicants must be willing to undergo a National Police Check with a full clearance