- Working with Children and Young People in Out of Home Care
- Wendouree | Casual opportunities
- Aruma needs YOU (yes, you!)
Who is Aruma?
We're glad you asked! Aruma is a new name in Disability Services, and Child Youth and Family Services, but we're definitely not the new kids on the block. You might remember us as House with No Steps, The Tipping Foundation or Vista Community Support, 3 great organisations with over 100 years of combined experience, who came together in 2018. Find out more about us at Aruma .
About Children's Services:
Children's Services at Aruma have opportunities for you to work with children and young people aged between 5 and 17 years in residential out of home care who have experienced trauma and have a disability. If you thrive on variety then we want to hear from you!
We support children and young people with disability to live great lives. It's the reason we exist - after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
Our Aruma team is an incredible bunch of people. They're bold, brave and courageous. They see possibilities where others may not. They stand up for the things that matter and stand together as a team.
About the Role:
- Your role will be varied with no two days being the same
- It will include providing direct care within a residential setting, ensuring a safe and nurturing home-like environment and promoting positive family relationships
- You will work within a trauma-informed framework to make a real difference with children and young people who have complex needs and display challenging behaviours, including emotional dysregulation, verbal and physical aggression at times.
Please note: Our services run on a 24 hour/7 day roster model so successful candidates will be need to be available to work on weekdays, weekends, and Public Holidays (including nights - 'sleepovers').
What employment with Aruma offers you:
- Regular rostered hours
- Training and professional development - we have our own training business
- Being mentored by experienced and passionate managers
- Working for an organisation that truly cares for all those whom we support
- Benefits to increase your take home pay - salary packaging
- Passionate about supporting children and young people who have experienced trauma and have a disability
- Availability to work any rostered shifts across a 24 hour / 7 day roster model, including awake nights and sleepovers
- Completed, or currently studying towards completion of a, Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention, or a relevant equivalent ideally (click here to view more details), as a minimum
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Current work rights in Australia
- Hold (or are willing to obtain) a current Working with Children Check for Victoria, NDIS Worker Screening Clearance, First Aid and CPR qualifications
- Cleared against the Department of Health and Human Services operated Disqualified Carer Check
Nice to have…
- Experience supporting children and young people in residential out of home care
- Experience supporting children and young people with trauma backgrounds and disabilities
Our success depends on YOU. We'd love to hear your story.
Applications are reviewed and shortlisted daily.
To be part of the Aruma journey apply today!