- Work Type: Part-time, minimum 21 hours per week
- Location: Summerland Farm, Alstonville
Summerland Farm is located on a beautiful macadamia and avocado farm, set high on the hills of the Alstonville plateau overlooking the Ballina coastline. This multi-award-winning attraction is a business of Aruma, committed to innovation, continuous improvement and building strong relationships through inclusive employment opportunities for people with disability.\
Check us out Summerland Farm
About the role:
We are seeking an organised, enthusiastic, and motivated shining star to join our team in the role of Team Leader, Weddings and Functions. This position will suit someone with an experienced background in either hospitality, functions, events, or similar customer facing roles. You will benefit from being part of a much larger team, with multiple levels of support, and development opportunities.
This role will see you:
- Work collaboratively with the Weddings and Functions Lead to promote, plan and coordinate functions (including parties, corporate activities, conferences etc.)
- Enhance growth targets in restaurant sales through collaborative planning and coordination of functions and weddings, administration, daily trade, conferences, and corporate activities
- Display excellent customer service and build positive relationships with external customers, enhancing customer attraction to the business service offerings
- Provide administrative support that ensures retail business operational requirements are met
- Support our employees to become skilled team members of the broader hospitality and retail business services team.
- A commitment to Aruma's Code of Conduct
- Qualification in hospitality or events; or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated experience in supervising employees and or teams
- A practical understanding of WHS requirements
- Sound computer and administration skills (MS Office) and social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube)
- Sound organisational skills
- A current Australian driver's license
- NDIS Worker Screening Check and Police Check clearance
- A confirmation record of COVID-19 vaccination (doses 1 & 2).
Nice to have:
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- Experience in Barista
Be part of this dedicated, collaborative team and make a difference! We offer the benefits of flexibility, a competitive salary, the option of salary packaging up to $15,990 and career development opportunities.
Shortlisted applications will be required to undergo pre-employment checks and successful applicant will undergo NDIS Worker screening.