About The Doctors Union
The Doctors Union is a progressive member-led union with a vision to protect, promote and advance the interests of salaried doctors in a fair and just society underpinned by a high-quality public health system.
About the role
ASMOF NSW is seeking two highly motivated industrial officers with significant experience in industrial work within the trade union movement. One position is a full-time, ongoing position. The second position is a full-time 12-month Fixed Term, Parental Leave cover with the possibility of a continuous appointment.
Responsibilities of an industrial officer include:
- Ensure the effective case management of industrial work, which integrates organising and communications strategies to achieve the Union’s strategic objectives.
- Research, prepare and advocate cases before the NSW IRC, Fair Work Commission, and other tribunals or NSW Health management bodies.
- Participate in policy, award and enterprise bargaining negotiations, and strategically important projects and cases.
- Assist in developing and implementing industrial and organising strategies and workplace campaigns to recruit and retain union members, develop member leaders, and build Union power.
- Undertake research, report writing and claim development on industrial issues.
- Participate in strategic planning and assist in developing union policy, practice, and procedures.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A deep understanding of and commitment to union principles and culture, and a passion and drive to improve workers’ lives and achieve the Union’s strategic objectives.
- At least two years of experience within industrial relations, organising and representing members around collective issues.
- Solid knowledge of contemporary industrial relations issues and industrial legislation and demonstrated experience in the state or national industrial jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated research, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and personal organisational skills, including performing work within specified timelines and planning work systematically and effectively.
- The ability to formally prepare and articulate a position at a tribunal or meeting.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills and well-developed written communication skills.
- The ability to follow direction, exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Well-developed information technology skills with proven competence in using Microsoft Office 365 programs.
- The ability to obtain a Right of Entry Permit.
Rewarding work in the service of frontline doctors with a supportive and high performing Industrial team in Ultimo.
- $104,086 – $130 532, dependent on skill and experience.
- 10.5% superannuation.
- 17.5% annual leave loading.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus Christmas shutdown.
For a copy of the Position Description and Selection Criteria, please contact Carolyn Gethings at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Industrial Officers x2 enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Early March 2022.
To protect ASMOF staff and members candidates must be fully (COVID 19) vaccinated.