- Job No: ASPECT1508
- Do you have an interest is supporting people on the autism spectrum to reach their goals?
- Do you have experience working in the disability sector and would you like to grow your skills in this sector?
- Or do you have experience in allied health, early childhood education, or as a teacher aide?
- Would you like a flexible part time role that can be delivered over 3-5 days and work around your other commitments?
Aspect is committed to providing an autism friendly workplace and supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce. It is through this commitment that we encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
The therapy team includes over 200 allied health therapists and delivers services which are person and family-centred, flexible, responsive and evidence-informed for individuals of all ages on the autism spectrum. This role will see you building and nurturing connections in therapy environments including the community, schools, preschools and early education settings.
About the role:
As an energetic and positive Allied Health Assistant, you will work under the guidance of experienced Allied Health Professionals (Occupational Therapists & Speech Pathologists). You will be supporting the delivery of evidence based, individualised services across a range of settings with autistic individuals of all ages and their families and you will support the implementation of individual therapy recommendations as provided by Aspect Health Professionals.
This is a community-based role. You will be meeting with clients in their community settings within Broken Hill. Students who are currently studying their Cert IV in Allied Health Assistance can complete their placement hours while working. This is a 12 month maximum term role. We offer a flexible, autonomous schedule.
What you will bring to the role?
- Passion to engage with individuals on the autism spectrum and their families and carers
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (or willingness to complete) or current therapy student (preferable). If you are currently studying your Cert IV in Allied Health Assistance, you can complete your placement hours while you work.
- Disability support workers, early childhood educators, teacher aides or others who have experience in the disability sector welcome to apply
- Proven ability to establish rapport with participants and families and the ability to empower others to implement and maintain strategies
- Strong communication, written and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Current valid driver’s licence, use of own vehicle for business purposes (reimbursed per kilometre) and willingness to travel across your local LGAs
- Access to an appropriate environment (e.g. home office) in a private location for documenting progress notes, accessing online meetings and conducting Teletherapy videoconferencing
- NDIS Worker Screening Check clearance for paid employment
- Working With Children Check clearance check for paid employment in the state or territory in which you work
- Current first aid qualification, CPR and anaphylaxis certificate (preferred)
- Completion of the mandatory NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’ is also required. If you have not already completed the module, click here to access it.
- You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance
Click here to view the Position Profile.
What we offer?
- Starting at $55,838k p.a. salary package - inclusive of superannuation (pro rata for part time/for contract term)
- Excellent tax effective salary packaging benefits up to $15,899 tax free each FBT year. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
- A comprehensive and structured induction program to ensure you are best skilled to make a difference in your new role
- Training and supervision
- Regular Aspect internal face-to-face and online training
- Excellent internal professional development opportunities
- Work under supervision of highly experienced Occupational Therapists and Speech Pathologists
- Comprehensive clinical and operational support and supervision outside of service delivery
- You will be trained in Tier 1, 2, 3 Positive Behaviour Support
- We provide you with technology and resources to support you in your role
Attach your resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process. Applications are reviewed as they are received so if you are interested in applying for this role, please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination is a condition of employment for all staff in Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect). For some roles, covered by Public Health Orders, the requirement is for staff to have two doses and the additional COVID-19 Booster. As part of the recruitment/interview process Aspect is collecting information related to your vaccination status to ensure we are in compliance with all government orders and directives.
Enquiries should be directed to: Marlene Eksteen, Practice Leader Allied Health Assistant Project on 0434 560 654.
Click here for more information about Aspect Therapy or go to www.autismspectrum.org.au
Understanding, Engaging and Celebrating, the Strengths, Interests and Aspirations of people on the Autism Spectrum – a different brilliant®
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.