- Community Engagement Facilitator (WA) – Indigenous Identified Role
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
- Work Type: Hybrid
- Employment type: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: $70,000 + superannuation + NFP salary packaging
About the role:
Community Engagement Facilitator – WA High School Program
This role is accountable for establishing and maintaining high levels of engagement with program stakeholders, including students, their families, Indigenous Education Officers, and other school contacts with the objective of supporting students on their education journey. You will play a key role during academic cultural engagement activities particularly camps and fostering strong relationships with students.
- Establish and maintain relationships with program stakeholders including students, their families and schools
- Attend relevant external stakeholder events to promote or raise awareness of Aurora
- Design and deliver a range of community events to build rapport with program participants
- Support funding activities and relationships in WA when required
Student Selection and Support
- Attending meetings with schools and deliver presentations to support the program
- Implement student selection processes, evaluate applications and selections.
- Arrangement purchases of academic tools and resources with approved Academic Support Plans
- Manage academic support spending aligning with annual budget
- Facilitate collection of student information including school reports, NAPLAN results and health and wellbeing
Leadership and Cultural Activities
- Foster a values-aligned team culture focused to deliver program outcomes
- Provide day-to-day guidance, and support the team, in alignment with organisational objectives
- Participation and delivery of Academic Enrichment Camps (3 camps per year)
- Provide hands-on assistance with logistics of each camp, leading activity and contribute improvements for camp activities.
- Applicant must identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Demonstrated experience working in administration with CRM’s and data management – eg: Microsoft Dynamics
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines
- Confidence in delivering presentations and facilitating events
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and sustain relationships with indigenous people and other stakeholders
- C Class Driver’s License
- Willingness to obtain a Working with Children Check.
- Satisfactory national police check.
- Proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Why you want to join us:
- We offer an inclusive, culturally safe, values-driven, team environment
- We are each committed to the purpose of our organisation
- Competitive salary plus NFP salary packaging
- Access to Meal & Accommodation Card
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid study leave
- No meetings Fridays
- Flexible hours
- Work from home available
- Paid Wellbeing days
Please click Apply Now and follow the instructions.
For any queries, please email Ace on email@example.com using the subject line: Community Engagement Facilitator enquiry via EthicalJobs.