- Part time hours (22.8 per week)
- Maximum term contract until 30/06/2023
- Toowoomba location
Who are we
Australian Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian movements seeking to build a better society based on people helping people. Our vision is human dignity, peace, safety, and well-being for all.
About the role
Provide direct service delivery support to individuals and/or families to build capacity and resilience, empower communities to take responsibility for their futures, share with other organisations to increase collaboration and transform systems and structures to remove barriers. The Case Manager will work in the Homestay program, which supports families and individuals at risk of homelessness to maintain independent housing or gain access to long term sustainable housing to build stability needed to experience wellbeing, dignity and security.
What you will bring
- Degree or associate diploma qualifications in human services field combined with/or substantial skills, expertise and experience attained through employment, voluntary service and/or study
- Experience working with individuals and/or families affected by disasters, in a community services organisation or similar setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based case management strategies and principles with proven experience in delivering case management services to people experiencing vulnerabilities and recovery challenges
- Experience of administering Brokerage funds in the context of case management plans
- Demonstrated experience in establishing strong and effective partnerships with community groups, service providers and other key stakeholders to develop responses to community issues and build on community strengths and resources
- Knowledge of, and experience in, working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and communities
- Sound proficiency in MS Office and client databases
- A current Blue Card, or willingness to obtain one prior to employment is essential
- Current drivers licence
Why work for us?
Work for purpose and know that your work helps keep our people and the communities we work with safe.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
For further information about this role, please refer to the position description attached below or contact Jade Stanley on 07 3333 8733
Case Manager - Position Description..pdf