- Highly respected not for profit
- Makes a difference in the lives of children
- Full-time permanent opportunity with fantastic benefits
The Australian Childhood Foundation is a national children's charity aiming to prevent child abuse and reduce the harm it causes to children, families, and the community. It provides specialist trauma counselling and therapeutic care programs to children and young people affected by abuse, as well as running research, education and community awareness programs.
ACF currently runs national and online professional education programs to education, child protection and out-of-home care workforces. It also delivers an annual professional education calendar and tailored packages of training on request. As a Registered Training Organisation, ACF also runs a range of accredited courses including a Graduate Certificate in Developmental Trauma. ACF also provides a variety of training programs to organisations about the creation of child-safe environments.
We are seeking an energised and passionate Senior Advisor to join our multidisciplinary training team. You will have experience in working with abused and traumatised children, young people or their families. This position focus’ on delivering training courses – both non-accredited and accredited – as well as building reflective and supportive relationships with other key service providers. The Senior Advisor will facilitate training face to face as well as utilising digital e-learning platforms for engaging and innovative online delivery. This role seeks to proactively build the reputation of the Foundation across relevant services. Where possible, there will be opportunities to undertake therapeutic and/or group work with children, young people, and families, Due to the national nature of the program, inter and intra state travel will be required.
Your duties will include:
- Delivery of training in the area of childhood or developmental trauma, child protection practice and child abuse to professionals from the child protection, health, education and welfare sectors and organisations from a range of fields seeking to promote child safe environments.
- Delivery and development of engaging online training.
- Pro-actively promote appropriate education and training programs to community and professional groups.
- Assist in the development of an annual calendar of educational and training programs for Australian Childhood Foundation.
- Assist in the delivery of community education sessions on behalf of the Australian Childhood Foundation.
- Liaise with other professional agencies in developing tailored training programs on issues related to child abuse and trauma, child protection practice and therapeutic interventions with children.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and other professional agencies in developing and strengthening regional linkages between services in relevant sectors.
- Raise the profile of Australian Childhood Foundation in community and professional education and training.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in Education or Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, or other related discipline.
- Previous experience in the social and community service or education sector.
- Proficient in utilising learning management systems to facilitate training in a meaningful and engaging way.
- Ability to travel inter and intra state
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trauma, attachment and neurobiology frameworks and theories.
- Capacity to articulate and relate theory to practice in a training environment.
- Substantial experience in the area of child abuse, child protection and/or in working with traumatised children.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally safe and sensitive way.
- Demonstrated competence in developing and delivering professional education to groups of professionals, including delivery and assessment of accredited training.
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively to a range of professionals, stakeholders and agencies.
- A strong and flexible team-oriented approach to the program.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary for these roles consists of a competitive base salary + superannuation + salary packaging + Surface Pro + Mobile Phone. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee's experience and qualifications. In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to:
- A generous Professional Development Allowance per annum
- Employee Assistance Program
For more information on the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Senior Advisor - Training enquiry via EthicalJobs, for a copy of the position description.