- Industry Award, level 3 ($32.54p/h)
- Primary location: Greens SA Office, 7/291 Angas St, Adelaide
- Job status: Full-Time, Contract position until April/May 2022 dependant on federal election timing.
- The position will involve some out of hours work and work on weekends. TOIL will be offered in accordance with the award.
- Reports to: Communications Director and State Election Manager
- Position Begins: 26 July 2021 or as soon as possible
The Greens SA are founded upon four pillars: ecological sustainability, grassroots democracy, social justice and peace and non-violence. Over the last thirty years, The Greens have become the third force in Australian politics. Across Australia, there are Greens members elected at every level of government. We are hiring for the next elections, with the federal election expected between August 2021 and May 2022 and the state election in March 2022.
The Greens SA are seeking an energetic and motivated Communications Officer to develop and distribute materials including how-to-vote cards, corflutes, flyers including graphic design and copywriting coordination across the two elections. This position also covers updating The Greens SA website and social media in the lead up to the 2021/22 Federal Election and 2022 State Election and other duties as directed in our small, flexible team.
For both state and federal election campaigns:
- Utilise the Greens style guide and branding to design materials for the elections, including, corflutes and flyers
- Utilise Greens messaging guide to write campaign emails
- Work closely with Campaign Managers and Communications Director on other copywriting as required
- Maintain the Green's SA website including local candidate profiles and writing engaging website copy
- Support candidates with their social media presence on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as required
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders including Greens SA staff, MPs, election candidates, members, volunteers, printers, and the Election Campaign Committee
- Other duties as directed
- Experience in designing material for print and online
- Copy writing skills
- Demonstrated skills managing multiple demands and working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in fast paced environments
- High level organisational skills, including time management, attention to detail, and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong rapport-building and relationship skills and capacity to work with a diverse range of people
- Experience coordinating the production of materials
- Commitment to the Greens charter and policies
- Experience in digital and social media campaigning, including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, websites, and other online spaces.
- Desired: experience producing video for online platforms
This contract position will commence as soon as possible and conclude in either April or May 2022 depending on Federal Election timing.
The Australian Greens SA is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and culture.
We strongly encourage applicants from a diverse range of genders, ages, sexual orientations, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Enquiries should be emailed to Ian Green: email@example.com, using the subject line: Communications Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.