We make a real difference to the lives of animals most in need.
The Animal Welfare League NSW cares for surrendered, neglected and abandoned animals and gives them a second chance at life. Our vision is for all companion animals to have a safe and loving home. Animal Welfare League operates an animal welfare shelter and a veterinary hospital in NSW.
- Located at Kingswood
- Competitive salary - immediate start required
- Join a small and passionate accounts team for a 6 month parental leave contract
Hybrid work arrangement with part week work from home available after settle in period.
We are currently looking for a motivated Assistant Accountant who is interested in supporting our fast-paced and dedicated team with a full range of accounts responsibilities. Reporting to the CFO, this role will assist in supporting both the Accounts Payable/Receivable and Payroll functions ensuring processing and compliance with internal and external accounting standards and policies, effective financial control and providing financial support to management through budgeting, reporting and analysis. You will also take on the responsibility of managing the Accounts Clerks.
Your primary focus will be:
- Manage two (2) Accounts Clerks
- End to end accounts payable and receivable functions
- Manage the end-to-end processes for payroll
- End of month leave balance reconciliation
- Preparation and processing month end General Ledger and reconciliation journals
- Assist in preparation of monthly board reporting pack
- Assist in preparation of statutory accounts for the company and other financial reports as required
- Costing and financial analysis procedures and
- Assisting the CFO with preparing monthly general ledger reconciliations.
The Assistant Accountant we are seeking will be able to start immediately and possess:
- Qualifications in an Accounting/Commerce degree or similar
- 2-3 years’ experience in an Assistant Accountant role
- Payroll of a least 1 year using MYOB
- Experience in AP/AR, sub-ledger and general ledger entries and reconciliations;
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and well-developed skills in managing time and workload
- High attention to detail
- Experience in MYOB accounting system preferred
- Extensive experience in report preparation and use of all Microsoft applications
A cover letter is a must for this application.
If you have a passion for animals and enjoy working in the not-for-profit sector, then this is the role for you.